PDA

View Full Version : Play time

Dalboy
10th September 2015, 02:56 AM
Well had a bit of play time in the shed. I wanted to do a bit more texturing and colouring I still have a long way to go.
Not sure of the wood on this one it measures 7" X 2 1/2" and stained with spirit stains and gold gilding cream the texturing was done using a B & Q cheap mini Arbortech tool.

Rod Gilbert
10th September 2015, 08:05 AM
Hi Dalboy
Lovely looking bowl is the inside undercut or a small centered bowl. I really like the combination of colours with the gold. The texturing is done with mini arbotech? as in powered rotary cutting tool is that correct.
Regards Rod.

artme
10th September 2015, 08:17 AM
Noice!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Dalboy
10th September 2015, 09:28 AM
Hi Dalboy
Lovely looking bowl is the inside undercut or a small centered bowl. I really like the combination of colours with the gold. The texturing is done with mini arbotech? as in powered rotary cutting tool is that correct.
Regards Rod.

No undercut on the bowl section. The abortech is a powered one but this could also be done with a Texturing tool like the Robert Sorby type

Christos
10th September 2015, 08:27 PM
I like the way the gold and textured reddish stain come together. To me the outside of the bowl seem to be missing something. What did you finish the outside with?

dr4g0nfly
11th September 2015, 05:47 AM
I like textured bowls like these, I find a rub with guiding cream over the top of the texturing gives it an extra life though.

And you you care to expand on ' B & Q cheap mini Arbortech tool', as I'm in the UK as well and would like to have a look at it.

Thanks in Advance

Dalboy
11th September 2015, 06:28 AM
I like the way the gold and textured reddish stain come together. To me the outside of the bowl seem to be missing something. What did you finish the outside with?

A satin spray varnish. Still playing

I like textured bowls like these, I find a rub with guiding cream over the top of the texturing gives it an extra life though.

And you you care to expand on ' B & Q cheap mini Arbortech tool', as I'm in the UK as well and would like to have a look at it.

Thanks in Advance

Thank you I am still experimenting so more texturing and colouring to come

Not sure if they still do it can't find it on their website. It is a Performance Pro CLM600MCVR Carving system(That is what is on the machine) can also be used as a mini grinder, I picked mine up from a boot fair in the box and all the bits still wrapped in the plastic bags inside the box for a grand total of £3

dr4g0nfly
13th September 2015, 05:44 AM
Not so much different from my mini Arbotec, but a whole lot cheaper, thanks for responding.

Christos
14th September 2015, 05:57 PM
Good to see a few more pieces like this.

Dalboy
14th September 2015, 08:08 PM
Having sat and looked at this as well as a few comments about the outer join of the coloured area and gold part I hopefully cleaned it up

Good to see a few more pieces like this.

There may be a few more from me as I am just experimenting at the moment

smiife
14th September 2015, 08:54 PM
having sat and looked at that as well as a few comments about the outer join of the coloured area and gold part I hopefully cleaned it up

There may be a few more from me as I am just experimenting at the moment

Hi dalboy, funny I was just about to comment on the
edge of the texture and saw the last photo , the black
line certainly tidies It all up , well done :2tsup: