PDA

View Full Version : The Ballarat Wood Show Vic.

issatree
26th September 2015, 08:31 PM
Hi to you all,
I went to their Show today & I thought it was very very good.
If anything there was not much Wood to be had, but that was about it.
Plenty for the Ladies to look & Buy & there were heaps of Vendors.
Well I enjoyed it & I think there may have been many more had the same Idea.
Thank you Ballarat.

JOHN MEMBREY
27th September 2015, 09:28 AM
I also went to the wood show and found it very interesting. I have known about it for about 3 years but this is the first time that I have been.

Chesand
27th September 2015, 09:34 AM
I had to go to Ballarat for family reasons so also took the opportunity to visit their Show which I thought was very good and obviously well patronised. It was great that there were some activities to interest the ladies who were not woodies.

smiife
27th September 2015, 04:48 PM
Hi guys,
Did anyone take any photos !!!!!!!!?:please:

dai sensei
27th September 2015, 06:31 PM
I was there today but sorry no photos. Scored a bit of "buswood" (because it was found next to a bus stop :doh:) actually Dendrolobium arbuscula (more commonly known as Horse Bush or Chillagoe Pea from Qld). Typical, travel to Melb to buy a bit of Qld timber :rolleyes:. Hard and dense with a greeny/yellowish centre similar to a cross between Black locust and Cockspur. Same seller had heaps of Conkerberry.

RedShirtGuy
27th September 2015, 08:55 PM
I took Little Miss 5 there around midday Saturday. Once we were a few steps in, a lovely fella told us about the animals that were up the back and the kid's activities that were just in front of us (which I'd already told the kidlet about, but she got even more excited then). So we strode...I mean, I strode...she got carried...up to the animals first and spent a good few minutes there watching the joey get fed and the snake chase its tail around.

Once she had her fill of the critters, she decided that it was too loud and crowded for her and wanted to go home.

!@#&P#)#@%$($%#^&*&&*(%^WQ@Q!@#

Kids huh? :(

Jim Carroll
27th September 2015, 11:00 PM
Just home from another great show at Ballarat.

It was good to see so many people patronise a small show, the effort these guys and gals put into the show was reflected by the amount of people who came to the show.

Their numbers were up on previous years

As indicated there was something for every one to see from the young one to the older ones.

Dont mention the snakes to Hague from Timbecon, quickest 2 feet at the show.

robert brown
28th September 2015, 12:18 AM
Werribee Woodturners At Work And Play ..Having Fun At The Show

Chesand
28th September 2015, 08:30 AM
Dont mention the snakes to Hague from Timbecon, quickest 2 feet at the show.

He would have to be quick to beat my SWMBO.

greyhound
28th September 2015, 11:10 AM
Go every year always enjoyable lots to see always something different going on.
the only thing I miss is the guy they had for a few years playing the keyboard loved his music
well done Ballarat club

doug3030
28th September 2015, 05:46 PM
I was there on Saturday for a few hours form about 10:00am, with the girlfriend and the 5-month-old grandson at his first woodwork show, all dressed up in his flanny shirt and overalls!

I picked up a few essentials and the girlfriend found out that Jim Carrol has kits for sewing needle holders, so now I have got a few little jobs I had not planned on. On the upside, by the time we left the show the OP-Shop she wanted to visit was already closed.

There was plenty to see and do at the show, but as others have commented, not much timber. Was good to catch up with a few friends.

I will probably go back next year.

Cheers

Doug

smiife
28th September 2015, 08:43 PM
Werribee Woodturners At Work And Play ..Having Fun At The Show

Thanks for the photos robbie !
Any more ?

GRW
28th September 2015, 11:23 PM
Hi, the Ballarat show was quite busy on Saturday morning. The organizers have done a great job with things for the children and suppliers for the big children to visit,
Gordon