PDA

View Full Version : Rotating handles for rolling pin

WaggaSteve
13th October 2015, 05:43 PM
Looking for advice on adding handles to rolling pin cylinder so the handles (made of different wood) can safely rotate. I am having trouble picturing the connector

China
13th October 2015, 05:58 PM
normally run a axle right through the center glue handle after assembly

Nifty Nev
13th October 2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.woodturningonline.com/Turning/Turning_projects.php?catid=74 (http://Rolling Pin)

BamBam53
13th October 2015, 06:15 PM
We have an old rolling pin with rotating handles that was handed from my mother in law. It is made the way China describes with an axle through the middle.

smiife
13th October 2015, 08:07 PM
Hi steve,
Wow ..............talk about a coincidence, today I was asked
to repair one for a customer, see included photo, handle broken
off righthand side,
I was just going to copy the left handle , get a 12mm dowel
put it through the body of the rolling pin and glue up!
Hope this helps:2tsup:

chuck1
13th October 2015, 08:37 PM
I bought some stainless steel rod and bearings to house the rod in main part of the rolling pin. And epoxy the the handles to the rod/axle

Mobyturns
14th October 2015, 07:59 AM
handle broken off righthand side,

Easy to see why! Look at the grain orientation in the dowel - oblique to the axis.

Paul39
14th October 2015, 11:12 AM
I bought some stainless steel rod and bearings to house the rod in main part of the rolling pin. And epoxy the the handles to the rod/axle

Where you gonna put the turbocharger? :D

Robson Valley
14th October 2015, 03:59 PM
My SIL gifted me a 3" rolling pin. After a year+ the handle shaft broke off. Good thing = I work the body of the pin with my hands anyway. And, I can stand the pin up in the corner.
I will never ask for any other pin with handles. Not necessary. Maybe a 4" but no handles.

chuck1
14th October 2015, 06:43 PM
Where you gonna put the turbocharger? :D

Some pastry chefs are fussy. Just trying to please! :) hmm how could I fit a turbo, and lsd??