3rd August 2005, 10:02 AM
Good Find Brett, you'll have to change your Title to the origami boulder man

silentC
3rd August 2005, 10:11 AM
Now why didnt I think of this
Because you dumb dumb :D:D:D

zenwood
3rd August 2005, 10:32 AM
Love it. I've just ordered 20 of the performance art versions, and will pay in kind. ;)

oges
3rd August 2005, 01:25 PM
Thinking of employing a similar FAQ into our helpdesk here :D

speedy
3rd August 2005, 02:53 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I like FAQ number 2, well the answer anyway, LOL

RETIRED
3rd August 2005, 07:07 PM
After reading the "Moon deeds" it is definitely too late for a foily for this bloke. :D

DavidG
3rd August 2005, 08:09 PM
Wonder how many orders they actually receive.
Bet they get some. :D :D :D

Driver
3rd August 2005, 08:31 PM
This has got to be Al, hasn't it? I mean - this would be right up his street. I'll bet the back of the Craporium is overflowing with wadded up paper ready to be sent out as Origami Boulders.

C'mon Al. 'Fess up - it's you, isn't it?

ozwinner
3rd August 2005, 08:40 PM
Nuo soory Captoon.

Iey oonly seel Origami Peebles at this stage.
We havent progresed to Origami Boulders as yet

Al :D

kiwigeo
3rd August 2005, 10:10 PM
Looking at the website those rocks arent technically boulders. On the Wentworth scale a Boulder is any clastic over 256mm in diameter. Those origami thingies look more like cobbles (65 - 256mm diam).

Iain
4th August 2005, 09:27 AM
Looking at the website those rocks arent technically boulders. On the Wentworth scale a Boulder is any clastic over 256mm in diameter. Those origami thingies look more like cobbles (65 - 256mm diam).
You seem to be in som doubt, send money and lt us know for sure :D :D :D

bitingmidge
4th August 2005, 09:34 AM
I think they are more like gibbers.

Probably to make a gibber you'd need to use paper made from Australian woodchips though?

Cheers,

P

silentC
4th August 2005, 09:46 AM
That custom Origami boulder, dumb dumb. You send money and silly Australian paper (you not steal paper, OK?). Wadded paper artist make Origami boulder and send back to you.

Paper Artist
4th August 2005, 10:12 AM
Why everyone critic? When Warhol make oversize picture of Marilyn Monroe, nobody say "too big to be Marilyn Monroe". No, they all say "very good art, Andy, we pay lots of money to hang in gallery".

You all big dumb dumbs. Why not send money and you have Origami Boulder of your own. Not gibber. You gibber bitingmidge dumb dumb.

silentC, why called silent? You have post 4,285 you talk too much.

Kev Y.
4th August 2005, 11:59 AM
Joegee, this be you??, come in here splashing insults around ? :D

Paper Artist
4th August 2005, 12:29 PM
What is Joegee? I am very famous artist. Make paper boulder. You send money for wadded paper!

Other people make insult. Kiwigeo say not boulder, too small. I say is boulder, size not count. Take too much paper to make full size. Too big to send through mail. Postman say boulder too big, make smaller. Maybe I send paper you make yourself. I send instructions. New business idea!! You send money!!

Iain
4th August 2005, 06:40 PM
Just send money to relative, Mr Ozwinner????

RETIRED
4th August 2005, 07:01 PM
Just send money to relative, Mr Ozwinner????
DING Wrong.

ozwinner
4th August 2005, 07:12 PM
DING Wrong.
Awwhhh come on !!
I need all the money I can muster at the moment.

Al :(

kiwigeo
5th August 2005, 02:25 AM
No no...you all send me money and I tell you all about the rock inside the paper.

Day rate is normally $1050 a day but I give discount to forum members.

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 09:19 AM
Not funny to make fun of way I talk. Learn English language very hard, learning new language not for dumb dumbs. You try!

$1050 buy a lot of Origami Boulder, even in Australia convict money. You send money, I send wadded paper size of Uluru. Very hard word to say, why not easier word? Australians dumb dumbs.

Kev Y.
5th August 2005, 11:07 AM
why for you not make paper DOORSTOP, much bester than really doorstop :p

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 11:10 AM
Dumb dumb! Paper no good for doorstop, is too light, blow away!! Must be very silly people in convict country if use paper for doorstop. You got no real rock? Much better for doorstop.

Grunt
5th August 2005, 11:12 AM
Dumb dumb! Paper no good for doorstop, is too light, blow away!! Must be very silly people in convict country if use paper for doorstop. You got no real rock? Much better for doorstop.

Sage advice Paper, keep up the good work.

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, that why I am famous paper artist and you just Procrastinator.

keith53
5th August 2005, 11:38 AM
Dumb dumb! Paper no good for doorstop, is too light, blow away!!
But if paper contain real boulder - problem solve? Maybe you make pocket in origami boulder for customer to put small rock inside? Then use for doorstop OK?

Customer could also read poetry while putting in rock inside origami boulder!!!:)
This way, not destroy artwork. Win for customer (can now read poetry) - another win for customer (when rock installed) now has doorstop!!!

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 11:45 AM
Why everyone talk like me? You forget how to talk own language? Maybe too much beer in convict pub, make you talk funny? Paper artist talk this way because not yet good English. Try very hard, do evening course at local school. Teacher make fun, tell us Antidisestablishmentarianism is common word. Take Paper Artist many weeks to learn to say this word but someone tell me not very common word. Is longest word only. I think this word made up. Too long!! Mean nothing!!

Clinton1
5th August 2005, 01:22 PM
Paper Artist - I am a mime artist and have just mimed the actions of sending you money for a Performance Art Origami boulder, with haiku. I hope to receive my confirmation email soon.
Best Wishes.
BTW - for my own interest - what language will the haiku be written in?

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 01:30 PM
Language of Haiku like Schrödinger's cat. Not know what language is until you look but when you look, art is ruined. OK not really like Schrödinger's cat but have wanted to use in sentence since learning to say "Schrödinger" last week.

Have mimed sending of confirmation email. Should arrive soon. Or not. Hard to say...

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 01:38 PM
Just check bank account. No money!! Performance art rip off!! You not mime artist, you some other kind of artist.

You think it easy being Paper Artist? Plenty money, plenty girlfriend? I tell you, not easy. Went to bank for mortgage. Bank person not heard of Paper Artist. Not accept paper art as 'legitimate occupation'. No money for Paper Artist!!

Send money, buy wadded paper!!

Grunt
5th August 2005, 01:46 PM
I'll send you some used bog paper. Will that do?

silentC
5th August 2005, 01:54 PM
You mean to say I've been throwing valuable art works down the loo every day?

Grunt
5th August 2005, 02:45 PM
Apparently it give a more realistic colouring to the boulders and other natural objects.

craigb
5th August 2005, 03:24 PM
Is Col Paper Artist?

?

Paper Artist
5th August 2005, 03:50 PM
Everyone want to be paper artist. People see famous artist on Internet, sell wadded paper boulder, make big money, live life of high. Not so!! Life of Paper Artist very hard. Get many paper cut, dust from too much paper make artist sneeze. People say they send money. No money comes!! Meanwhile, have to buy supplies. Have to buy box for postage. Big expense in business, no? Tax man not like paper artist. IRS make life very hard for him. Must keep receipt, must keep log book of motor car. Very hard. Col not want to be paper artist, he better stay as very bad impression of French Gendarme. More laugh that way. More fun. More French lady ooh lah lah...

Clinton1
5th August 2005, 04:05 PM
Mime of sending money was successful from my end, I suggest that you contact your financial institution.

I personally am happy to be involved in an artist to artist collaberation involving a Post Modernist approach to e-commerce.
To be or not to be a
cat. Schrödinger's was
indeterminate state.

Driver
5th August 2005, 06:17 PM
Everyone want to be paper artist.

To the contrary, my brave little paper artist. Everone does not want to be a paper artist. In particular, I do not want to be a paper artist. Whilst I acknowledge and admire the artistic value and commercial acumen involved in your innovative efforts to expand origami beyond the (rather boring) scope of paper swans and dancing girls, I have no desire to emulate you.

Col not want to be paper artist, he better stay as very bad impression of French Gendarme. More laugh that way. More fun. More French lady ooh lah lah...

Here again, y'see, you've missed the point. It's not all about more laughs, more French ladies and ooh la la. I'm afraid that I can't reveal to you what it's really about. Suffice it to say, if I told you, I'd have to ..... :eek: .....well, let's say it would be a shame to deprive the art world of its first creator of origami boulders. :D

Sturdee
5th August 2005, 07:22 PM
..... it would be a shame to deprive the art world of its first creator of origami boulders. :D

:confused: Are you sure?

Peter.

craigb
5th August 2005, 07:31 PM
:confused: Are you sure?

Peter.
The world would be a little more boring without the Paper Artist, imo :)

kiwigeo
5th August 2005, 09:34 PM
I'll send you some used bog paper. Will that do?
Grunt,

Paper Artist will only accept the bog paper if its wrapped around something.

keith53
5th August 2005, 10:58 PM
Paper Artist will only accept the bog paper if its wrapped around something.
A rock perhaps? Sorry, a small boulder. Then they could be recycled as origami doorstops!!! Personally, I wouldn't pay for one, but to each his own..:)

RETIRED
7th August 2005, 10:36 PM
Is Col Paper Artist?

?
No.

Captain Chaos
8th August 2005, 12:16 AM
G'day Paper Artist,
I was just wonderin if you've checked for patents or copyright on paper boulders? I seem to recollect that paper boulders were in vogue in theatres and play houses as props back in the old days before styrofoam became the next big thing. Dunno the technicalities of what you are purportedly doing as I can't afford the postage fee for your wonderful (?) art - it's not cheap posting boulders in the mail.
Hope that your art is legal & above board. Wouldn't want you to end up in the can over a copyright infringement.
Happy paper boulder art.
Chaos.