PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good Wood Sealer

Bloodwood
5th November 2015, 10:24 PM
Hi all Please remove if in wrong area did try and find it i am looking for a good wood sealer to help seal green timber ive heard of some but down here in melbourne is there any places u can get it. Any advise would.be great

Rod Gilbert
5th November 2015, 10:43 PM
Hi Bloodwood (http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=128175),
BP make a product simply called end sealer any BP fuel depot should stock it or be able to get it for you.
Regards Rod.

Bloodwood
6th November 2015, 07:14 AM
Hi Rod Thank you ill have a look cheers.

BlackbuttWA
6th November 2015, 12:56 PM
Hi BW.
I second the BP End Sealer.
Whichever one you get the water based one not the oil based

Col

kcam
6th November 2015, 01:46 PM
The BP end sealer works well but I have also had success with a few coats of acrylic paint.

RoyG
6th November 2015, 03:35 PM
Bloodwood,

The BP End Sealer does work well, but I've had trouble getting it in quantities less than 20 litre drums. If you only want a smallish amount, Carbatec sells it packaged in 2 Lt tins (https://www.carbatec.com.au/sanding-and-finishing/coatings/end-sealer-2-litre).

RoyG

hughie
6th November 2015, 09:08 PM
I picked up 4.5L of Titebond glue for less than $20 and I mix it with water about 30% water and it works just fine. But I guess any PVA type glue will do it

Woodturnerjosh
10th November 2015, 02:38 PM
I do the same as hughie and use PVA thinned with water. I don't do huge amounts but I'll add 250ml of water to 1 litre of PVA (or a ratio close to that anyway)

soundman
28th November 2015, 06:26 PM
Styro disolved in waste thinner works reasonable well ..... particulary when you have a supply of both.

When I was doing a lot of audio contracting I had a clip lock lid 20 litre drum that had my waste thinner ..... nay styrofoam packaging got disolved in that .... when it got too gluggy I added more thinner.

pretty much any wax works, adding some oil can make it a bit more tacky & plastic.

waste paint ...... well if its going to land fill anyway .... it works

Same for pretty much any glue that is past its useby date.

cheers