PDA

View Full Version : pole hedge trimmer

PlanePig
31st January 2016, 11:26 AM
hi
I'm not much of a gardener but I need to trim our lilly pillies (which cost a lot to be professionally trimmed last year) and was wondering if anyone had any experience of cordless pole hedge trimmers ie Ryobi, Lincoln etc . I already have a couple of ryobi batteries and charger, so I was leaning towards them.
Thanks
Planepig:U

bsrlee
6th February 2016, 03:06 AM
I have Ryobi's mains powered hedge trimmer-on-a-stick as well as the chainsaw-on-a-stick. Start working on your upper body strength as the motor in all these tool is in the head at the far end of the pole which makes them a challenge to work with for any length of time - they may feel OK in the shop but think about waving one around for 15-20 minutes. You may also want to check the maximum branch thickness the trimmer will cut and compare this to your trees - doubtless it will get pressed into service trimming more than just lilly pillies.

snowyskiesau
6th February 2016, 10:59 AM
Might have to invest in one of these myself, I've just been looking out the window at a pittosporum that is in dire need of a trim.I've let it go and now the branches are too high to get at with a ladder.

PlanePig
7th February 2016, 09:59 AM
I have Ryobi's mains powered hedge trimmer-on-a-stick as well as the chainsaw-on-a-stick. Start working on your upper body strength as the motor in all these tool is in the head at the far end of the pole which makes them a challenge to work with for any length of time - they may feel OK in the shop but think about waving one around for 15-20 minutes. You may also want to check the maximum branch thickness the trimmer will cut and compare this to your trees - doubtless it will get pressed into service trimming more than just lilly pillies.

Thanks for the feedback bsrlee :)