PDA

View Full Version : SQ 62- how is the white wheel used

WaggaSteve
14th February 2016, 06:05 PM
Found this cleaning out a cupboard- obviously bought some years ago and never used.
Dumb question. I assume the white wheel (runs about half the speed of the rey one) is used wet and the trough around it is for the water. Which side do you approach the wheel from. The high side seems too high and the low side too cluttered with the other wheel. Appreciate any advice. Also wheel wobble is huge - any tricks to this. Yes I know its not a Tormec but I'd like to use it if I can

Steve

smiife
14th February 2016, 07:26 PM
Hi steve,
I would assume that the "trough"would swing down
further than it is now , and you would use it entering
from the left of the picture ! A jig of some kind would
probably help on that side , if you have one ! Hope
this helps, :2tsup:

WaggaSteve
14th February 2016, 07:54 PM
Nope , no swingdown- screwed very solidly in place (but thanks)

Nubsnstubs
15th February 2016, 01:08 AM
Hey Steve, try this.

Ozito 200/150mm Wet & Dry Bench Grinder - Grinders & Sharpeners, Benchtop Power Tools - in Bunnings (http://www.ozito.com.au/c/60-benchtop-power-tools/s/75-grinders-sharpeners/p/181-200-150mm-wet-dry-bench-grinder-1)

.............. Jerry (in Tucson)

WaggaSteve
15th February 2016, 11:03 AM
Thats actually where I copied the picture from (apart from name, it seems identical to mine- presumably all manufactured in same factory in China). I could not find any instructions on the site

pommyphil
15th February 2016, 11:43 AM
Hi Steve On that Bunnings page is " FAQ & Downloads " Then " Download manual " Cheers Phil

WaggaSteve
15th February 2016, 12:10 PM
Yep did that - all safety instructions or wheel replacements, nothing useful on actual usage

Yanis
15th February 2016, 12:19 PM
Found this cleaning out a cupboard- obviously bought some years ago and never used.
Dumb question. I assume the white wheel (runs about half the speed of the rey one) is used wet and the trough around it is for the water. Which side do you approach the wheel from. The high side seems too high and the low side too cluttered with the other wheel. Appreciate any advice. Also wheel wobble is huge - any tricks to this. Yes I know its not a Tormec but I'd like to use it if I can

Steve

As for the wheels the white wheel is for sharpening and is a fine friable Aluminium Oxode, ideal for producing a fine edge. Tiy will need to go to a hone afterwards to get a really fine edge.

Red is typically Silicon Carbide for grinding sintered carbide bits, stone, ceramic or other hard material. Not sure why it is on this grinder.

John

China
15th February 2016, 03:41 PM
you use the top of the wheel only way to get rid of the wobble ( you get what you pay for) is to attempt to dress it out

WaggaSteve
15th February 2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks - it just feels wrong - too high (and I am fairly tall) and unsupported

dr4g0nfly
16th February 2016, 08:06 AM
I had one of these years ago. The turn through 90 degrees is via a worm drive, mine was made of nylon or some sort of plastic, it lasted a few weeks at best.

Yanis
16th February 2016, 08:35 AM
You should be able to get rid of the wobble by shimming the wheel. Use small paper markers similar to what you would use at a garage sale. Mark where the wheel is out using a pencil o0n the side of the wheel and place one of the markers under the paper washer holding the wheel. It will be somewhat tedious but should get rid of the wobble.

As for sharpening, It looks as though you use the side of the wheel. the manual says freehand or using the notches along the side of the water trough. Personally I would make up a tool rest to sit at the back of the grinder to assist in accurate positioning.

John