PDA

View Full Version : How many Reds from Zed?

Grunt
12th August 2005, 01:59 PM
Let's see who is a real member of this board.

Gumby
12th August 2005, 02:30 PM
I bet i get another one after my vote here. And I used up my last 'Red Credit' from him a while ago. :(

zenwood
12th August 2005, 02:34 PM
Let's see who is a real member of this board.
I'm a real member: I got zero reddies.

BTW there's a glitch with the vB (see pic).

Gumby
12th August 2005, 02:38 PM
I'm a real member: I got zero reddies.

BTW there's a glitch with the vB (see pic).

Not like that on mine

zenwood
12th August 2005, 02:40 PM
mine neither, now. Really was a glitch :)

Gumby
12th August 2005, 02:45 PM
Nah, you're p1ssed again :D

silentC
12th August 2005, 02:52 PM
2-5. I guess I'm not trying hard enough. :rolleyes:

Grunt
12th August 2005, 03:08 PM
To be truthfull, I get a few greenies from Zed as well. Probably at minus 3 all up.

craigb
12th August 2005, 03:19 PM
2-5 for me too. :)

Maybe all of us who've copped undeserved reddies from Zed should have a "Give Zed a Red" day. Where we pick a day and all give him a red en mass :D

(I don't think he can give me a red for that 'cause he only just hit me the other day :rolleyes: )

Craig (who it must be said has had a few greenies from ape boy too :D)

vsquizz
12th August 2005, 03:53 PM
I must say that it took me awhile to realise the monkey doesn't really give a toss what the receiver thinks and just gives em out, Red or Green, wherever he thinks they are deserved. I think I have two red and 4 green from the primate. I think I have excelled when he gives me a reddie:D . Don't know where we'd be without him.:rolleyes: I can't actually remember giving out a reddie.:confused:

Cheers

Grunt
12th August 2005, 04:11 PM
Don't know where we'd be without him.

He is kinda cute and cuddly isn't he.

zenwood
12th August 2005, 04:15 PM
Nah, you're p1ssed again :D
You could be right. Kurrunt shitchuash'n:

silentC
12th August 2005, 04:36 PM
Hey, did you know that Zed is the symbol in the International Phonetic Alphabet for the voiced alveolar fricative?

Zed
12th August 2005, 05:01 PM
slow day on the board huh ?

silentC
12th August 2005, 05:03 PM
Ahh, there you are my little sibilant fricative...

Zed
12th August 2005, 05:14 PM
I've been on leave this week so havnt been around - lotsa shed time and travel around the mighty NSW with Jane.

PS : I havnt gotten any reds from Zed.

My favourite one recently was Wongo for suggesting a forum name change - rubbibng hands with glee and closing jar tightly...

MajorPanic
12th August 2005, 08:02 PM
What a silly poll Grunt!!!

As we all know Zed only gives out greenies!! :cool:

Well, that's my experience anyway! :D :D :D

doug the slug
12th August 2005, 10:38 PM
ok, lets have a good look at the reputation system and see what it means. to keep it on topic so far, ive received one greenie from zed, nad no reddies from him.

that aside ive received one reddie for my avatar (comment was : "for a distasteful avatar". i sent him back a reddie advising that he had no taste and his avatar was boring. so much for reddies.

Now for greenies. this is a woodworking forum. what do you think greenies would be given out for? Woodworking advice? good guess but wrong, in my case at least. My profile says i hava a brilliant future based on greenies for the following:

FOr my avatar - 10
for saying ive glued a reply-paid envelope from american express to a housebrick and posted it back to them - 5
other jokes in non-woodworking forums - 8
sarcastic comments - 6
actual contributions and helpful info on woodworking, and i feel that ive made a hell of a lot - absolutely NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, Not a thing!!!!!. and this is despite getting great feedback in the thread from a lot of people. seems they expect us to give good advice on woodwork and therefore dont reward it, but tell a good story or joke and you are swimming in greenies.

And now ive got all the green lights up on my profile everyone thinks i know what im talking about. maybe i do, maybe i dont. what about others who i listen to cos they have all the lights on on their profile? did they get their reputation on woodworking advice or on a couple of jokes too?

boban
12th August 2005, 11:06 PM
Doug it just goes to show that we are a fun loving bunch of people who would rather laugh than be serious. My absolute best experience on this board was reading a joke. I literally laughed till I cried and for me that was worth more than any valuable information I have picked up from the members. This is a hobby after all.

Make me laugh and I'll give you a greeny.

Only good experiences with the ape, all green that is.

doug the slug
12th August 2005, 11:24 PM
Doug it just goes to show that we are a fun loving bunch of people who would rather laugh than be serious. My absolute best experience on this board was reading a joke. .

Boban thats true, i hope nobody reads my last post as being too serious. teh aim was to point out exactly what you just said. if we cant have fun here where can we have fun? this is the best bulletin board ive seen on any topic

journeyman Mick
12th August 2005, 11:34 PM
.............this is the best bulletin board ive seen on any topic

Or off topic for that matter ;) :D

Mick

craigb
12th August 2005, 11:35 PM
Make me laugh and I'll give you a greeny.

Yep. Works for me.
:D

E. maculata
12th August 2005, 11:53 PM
this is the best bulletin board ive seen on any topic
more than that Doug , Methinks it may be far more than a mere B/B more so a fully functional community, with all the (ab)normal personalities and associated issues. :)

BTW, I hereby formally nominate Zed for president of this community :D

boban
13th August 2005, 12:05 AM
with all the (ab)normal personalities and associated issues. :)

BTW, I hereby formally nominate Zed for president of this community :D

I'll second that..

Zed,
President of the (ab)normal personalities with associated issues

Grunt
13th August 2005, 12:09 AM
motion carried.

Long Live King Zed,

(Most presidents want to be king. Certain Prime Ministers want to be queens)

Gumby
13th August 2005, 12:11 AM
Can I be minister of the yartz ? :D

zenwood
13th August 2005, 12:17 AM
I voted zero, but Zed just made a liar out o' me. Gave me a reddie with the comment: "hehehehe".

Zed, yer evil, but gave me a chuckle. How 'bout a greenie for that reddie?:D

zenwood
13th August 2005, 12:20 AM
Can I be minister of the yartz ? :D
Trying to work out the typo here. It's either:

minister of the yurts (appropriate for a woodies forum)

or

minister of the farts :eek::D

Zed
13th August 2005, 12:24 AM
I wish to thank you all for the oppotunity to dish out more rep points. thats why neil gives them to us right ? :confused:

Sturdee
13th August 2005, 12:24 AM
What about others who i listen to cos they have all the lights on on their profile? did they get their reputation on woodworking advice or on a couple of jokes too?

I don't know if I am one of those you refer to Doug, but about 70 % is for woodworking related posts the rest on general comments.

Peter.

Wongo
13th August 2005, 12:30 AM
3 reds for me so far but he has given me plenty greens though.

“Give a red to punish Zed Friday” sounds a great idea. What about the last Friday of August? (I’ll use my “get out of red from Zed credit” for this one please.) :D

Zed
13th August 2005, 12:35 AM
“Give a red to punish Zed Friday” sounds a great idea. What about the last Friday of August? (I’ll use my “get out of red from Zed credit” for this one please.) :D

bring it on baby.... !!!!!!

I get great joy from this place - a few jokes my way wont affect that one iota.

I cant believe I gotten greenies for this thread! you blokes must be queer!

By the way Wongo - you did deserve the reddie for suggesting the TRITON forum be renamed to GMC - ugghh! I should retract that get out or red from zed credit....

vsquizz
13th August 2005, 12:43 AM
bring it on baby.... !!!!!!

I cant believe I gotten greenies for this thread! you blokes must be queer!

Just worked it out...Zed is Christopha in a monkey suit:D

Cheers

E. maculata
Wo hoo finally I feel truly favoured, a true follower, oh thank you mighty Simian of the wood, I feel truly touched ;) & to answer your question accompanying your celestial ochre coloured gift, uckin oaf mate mad as a cut snake :p

Grunt
I like the idea. We can make Zed the first to go completely Red since Kenmil.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?userid=1340

Robert WA
13th August 2005, 12:49 AM
At the risk of getting a red from the monkey, just to spoil my score, I have no reds at all and 2 greens from Zed. :D

BTW. In 12 days from today I retire. It will take me a few days to recover from the excesses at the various parties (Those sorry to see me go and, even more, those happy to be shot of me.). Having recovered I then settle in to being able to get into the shed every day. Yeeeeeeehaaahhhhhhh.

boban
13th August 2005, 01:08 AM
I seek leave to withdraw my earlier comments regarding the ape.

I now have received my first ever reddy. Thank you Zed.

I knew I should have stolen some muffins when I left. Last Friday in August you say.....

Wongo
13th August 2005, 01:29 AM
Yes it is “A red for Zed” day, Friday 26th August 2005.

Hehehe I can't wait. :p

zenwood
13th August 2005, 02:16 AM
We can make Zed the first to go completely Red since Kenmil.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gifZed-a-red day: don't forget to post into the events forum:D

Is Zed the nom-de-plume of Kenmil?

Zed
13th August 2005, 08:24 AM
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gifZed-a-red day: don't forget to post into the events forum:D

Is Zed the nom-de-plume of Kenmil?

No.

MathewA
13th August 2005, 09:43 AM
Goes without saying... If yer gonna hang out by the primate cage yer gonna get a (reddie) or two thrown at ya.

Sounds good Friday Aug 26 is throw a back at the monkey day

Gingermick
13th August 2005, 10:06 AM
I wish to thank you all for the oppotunity to dish out more rep points. thats why neil gives them to us right ? :confused:

Do you shave the back of your hand for the avatar?

(wanna get up to the next bracket before I vote)

vsquizz
13th August 2005, 10:55 AM

Yep thats right, no point sooking and bleating if ya get a Rasberry.....Oh...I just noticed ...:( have to adjust my score:o .:D

Cheers

Gumby
13th August 2005, 11:54 AM
I get great joy from this place - a few jokes my way wont affect that one iota.

Is an iota more than, or less than, a poofteenth ? :confused:

Grunt
13th August 2005, 12:58 PM
Is an iota more than, or less than, a poofteenth ?

An iota is slightly smaller than a poofteenth but larger than a bees dick.

Gingermick
13th August 2005, 01:07 PM
How bout another poll, does anyone have reddies from anyone other than Zed? If not he may be in need of an apprentice

zenwood
13th August 2005, 01:46 PM
Is an iota more than, or less than, a poofteenth ? :confused:
Iota is Greek for a poofteenth. :)

Mega is Greek for a sh*tload!

AlexS
13th August 2005, 10:38 PM
Had 2 reds from Zed, but one was in a bottle. ;)

I think he just sends whatever happens to be in front of him at the time.

craigb
13th August 2005, 10:41 PM
*sigh* Up to four now (5 if you count the wet one).

What Zed giveth, Zed taketh away. :rolleyes: :(

routermaniac
14th August 2005, 01:21 AM

Thats a bad monkey, stop picking your nose in front of Jane :D