PDA

View Full Version : Brass in Perth

Poloris
17th August 2005, 05:11 PM
I wanted to use brass cross dowels in a workbench, I am making. However the choise of off the shelf items seems to be limited to 16mm diameter /6.35mm bolt knock down fittings or Lee Valley Tool's 25mm diameter /12.7mm bench bolts at US$22.50 + postage for 4. I wanted something in between.

Natually I decided to make my own.

After the usual runaround I found "Tubelok" at 6 Babel Rd in welshpool who sold me 300mm of 19mm solid brass rod for $14, enough for 2 projects.

They are manufacturers of brass and metal furniture and fittings and are happy to sell a cut length or offcut.

Now all I need to find is someone who will sell cut lengths of stainless for my next project.

rod1949
17th August 2005, 06:35 PM
For SS try Stirlings SS at 15 Sherman Street Canning Vale Ph 9455 1666. or www.stirlingstainlesssteel.com.au (http://www.stirlingstainlesssteel.com.au)

gatiep
17th August 2005, 09:06 PM
Or try Prime Steels in Malaga. Brass, Silver Steel, Stainless, Tool steel, ali, in rod or tubular for machining in cut lengths to size while you wait. It's run by 2 brothers. Very nice guys to deal with.

Poloris
18th August 2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks Rod and Gatiep

I enquired at Stirling Stainless Steel whilst I was looking for brass rod, unfortunatly thier minimum length is 2 metres.

Prime Steels sound like just the ticket.

I appriciate your help. Personal recomendations can save a heap of time and effort.

Poloris