PDA

View Full Version : Sheppach TiGer 2000S and Tormec Jigs

bpbuilder
30th May 2016, 06:26 PM
W859 | TiGer 2000S Wetstone Grinder | For Sale Sydney Brisbane Melbourne Perth | Buy Workshop Equipment & Machinery online at machineryhouse.com.au (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W859#)

Anyone know if this fits Tormec jigs (drill sharpener etc.)?

Quality any good? 1/3 of the price, hopefully not 1/3 the quality?

Thanks for any advice!

Jim Carroll
30th May 2016, 07:54 PM
Less than a third the quality of the Tormek.

This is camparable to the T4 Tormek 200mm wheels size.

The tormek jigs will fit the scheppach.

Save your money and buy the best you will not be dissapointed

Bluegum
31st May 2016, 09:31 PM
Like Jim said. Spend the extra dollars and buy the best. I was using the tiger 2000 and a few Tormek jigs until recently. I bought the T4 at the brissie wood show. I thought I had sharp tools until I got the Tormek. Now I have really sharp tools that cut better than before. Oh yeah and Tormek comes with band aids as well and yes I did have to use one.:doh:

rtyuiop
1st June 2016, 07:43 AM
I started off with a Scheppach and got so annoyed with it I had to replace it - another vote to either start with the tormek or a grinder with one or two CBN wheels (depending on budget).

Oldgreybeard
1st June 2016, 10:36 AM
I started off with a Scheppach and got so annoyed with it I had to replace it - another vote to either start with the tormek or a grinder with one or two CBN wheels (depending on budget).

Even better put one or two CBN wheels on the Tormek - I have and highly recommend it. It is worth discussing with Jim.

Bob

derekcohen
1st June 2016, 10:50 AM
Do not waste your money on a Scheppach if it is like the one I had. Poor quality build, wheel wobbled, and the tool rests were a bear to be adjusted. It lasted the weekend and was returned on the Monday for a Tormek. That was about 10 years ago. The Tormek was fantastic, but eventually proved slow and began to rust. About two years ago I upgraded my half speed 8" grinder with CBN wheels. This has been an absolute winner. See my post below for the set up, what to get and what not to get.

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/WoodworkTechniques/UltimateGrindingSharpeningSetUp.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

doug gordon
17th December 2018, 09:23 AM
Gday bpbuilder
I agree with all comments made by other regarding quality Scheppach wet grinder.
I'm a member of the Samford Area Men's Shed Brisbane and we made the fatal mistake of buying a Scheppach grinder such poor quality and is now sitting unused on shelf because nobody can be bother with the crappy functioning.
By the way I'm currently down grading my work shop due to down sizing of home and unfortunately have to off load a number of items of equipment that I no longer require including a Tormek T4 wet grinder with a complete package of sharpening jigs and accessories all in as new condition . It is currently advertised on wood forum under equipment for sale. I'm currently asking $900.00 but am open to offers (replacement value ($1700.00) has everything you need to do all manner of sharpening.
Have a look at my add and see what you think if interested by all means make me an offer I'm pretty keen to move item on.
Doug Gordon

Mr Brush
17th December 2018, 12:33 PM
I was at H&F a few weeks ago buying replacement parts for my Scheppach Basato 4 bandsaw - was told that whatever they have in stock now is it, and they won't be getting any more in.

Comment was made (by H&F sales guy) that they are moving away from most things Scheppach, stocking fewer and fewer items. This is down to the dismal QA of these products creating a huge amount of work for H&F in replacing faulty items, getting in replacements for parts that have broken, etc. Basically, Scheppach is more trouble than it's worth.

"German Engineered. Made By People Who Don't Care"

NCArcher
17th December 2018, 01:05 PM
Gday bpbuilder
I agree with all comments made by other regarding quality Scheppach wet grinder.

The OP has probably sorted his sharpening setup as this thread is 2.5 years old.

bpbuilder
17th December 2018, 02:33 PM
... unfortunately have to off load a number of items of equipment that I no longer require including a Tormek T4 wet grinder with a complete package of sharpening jigs and accessories all in as new condition . It is currently advertised on wood forum under equipment for sale. I'm currently asking $900.00 but am open to offers (replacement value ($1700.00) has everything you need to do all manner of sharpening.
Have a look at my add and see what you think if interested by all means make me an offer I'm pretty keen to move item on.

Hi Doug

Thanks for the offer but this thread is 2 1/2 years old. As such, I purchased a T7 "run out" for under $900 back then.

This is the other thread here when I asking about T7 vs T8:
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/tormek-t7-vs-t8-208234

The T7 is a fantastic machine, just couldn't justify the T8 for the price difference and I wanted something better than the T4. Got a heap of jigs etc. As usual pays to shop around, saved a lot of money on both the T7 and the jigs.