PDA

View Full Version : 3" Beveled Mirrors

Kidbee
8th July 2016, 07:43 PM
In the past I have bought these from Jim at CWS. However, he no longer stocks them. They were good quality. Does anyone know where I might be able to source a similiar size and quality?

Ozzie
9th July 2016, 07:56 PM
you may wish to look at Packards Tools in the USA.
I know they stock a wide range of prices and depending on exchange rate S&H etc could be no more expensive than
locally sourced items.

Cheers John

issatree
9th July 2016, 09:00 PM
Hi Gary,
Try Pop's Shed here in Vic.
I don't have any other info.
John McJings ,Sydney may also have them.
He has a website on the Forums.

Kidbee
18th August 2016, 08:27 PM
you may wish to look at Packards Tools in the USA.
I know they stock a wide range of prices and depending on exchange rate S&H etc could be no more expensive than
locally sourced items.

Cheers John

Have had no success in sourcing these within Australia, and was wondering has anyone had any dealings with this US Company?

smiife
18th August 2016, 08:56 PM
In the past I have bought these from Jim at CWS. However, he no longer stocks them. They were good quality. Does anyone know where I might be able to source a similiar size and quality?

Hi kidbee,
How many did you want ?
I have about 20 laying around if you want them
Not sure if they the right quality you want , let
me know and I will send them to you ?

Kidbee
18th August 2016, 09:34 PM
Hi kidbee,
How many did you want ?
I have about 20 laying around if you want them
Not sure if they the right quality you want , let
me know and I will send them to you ?

Thanks smiife I will pm you.

Paul39
19th August 2016, 12:25 PM
Have had no success in sourcing these within Australia, and was wondering has anyone had any dealings with this US Company?

Packard is a North Carolina company with an extensive paper catalog. They are mail order only, and have been in business since 1991:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmyvn0w/packard-woodworks-inc

Packard Woodworks: The Woodturner's Source: Bevel Edged Mirrors (http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=d74eaf05bc0177a4d221554e05cdd61c&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=packard&Product_Code=154303&Category_Code=)

Better Business review:

Packard Woodworks, Inc. Review - WOODWORKING EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES in Tryon, NC - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Asheville and Western North Carolina (http://www.bbb.org/asheville/business-reviews/woodworking-equipment-and-supplies/packard-woodworks-inc-in-tryon-nc-13003173/)

I get their catalog, but as there are a couple of other suppliers in town I buy very little from them. The catalog is a wonderful resource with color photos and prices. Pricing would not help you much in AU.

nz_carver
20th August 2016, 10:26 PM
I think I have some laying around how many you need?

Kidbee
21st August 2016, 11:51 PM
I think I have some laying around how many you need?

I am seeking about 20 mirrors. I intend to inset them in burl so I am after good quality beveled ones if you have them. I appreciate your offer. IF they are the quality I am wanting let me know by PM how many you have and cost plus postage please.

THanks.