PDA

View Full Version : Teknatool chucks

cliff cook
15th March 2001, 12:05 AM
G`day again
I`ve just bought a superNova chuck with the standard jaws and a set of cole jaws to go with them.
My problem is that i think i need mabee 1 or2 more sets of jaws to make it a really versatile setup but don`t know what to get.
I can`t afford all of them no matter how hard i wish so any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
thanks cooky

RFINK
15th March 2001, 01:41 AM
It just depends on what you're doing. I have the standard jaws, the pin jaws and the large ones (can't remember what they're called; shark jaws?). The large jaws are great, especially with the longer screw that comes with them. I rarely use the pin jaws but anyone doing lots of small pieces would find them very useful.

Graeme
15th March 2001, 08:16 PM
G'day Cliff
The standard jaws that come with the chuck are fine for most things that you do, the pin jaws are great for small things like cuttlery handles and the like, the larger 100mm & 130mm jaws are great for large diameter work, the spigot jaws are for doing work that overhangs from the chuck a long way, the vari jaw is a silly idea, the cole jaws you already know about. Don't just go around buying jaw sets willy nilly, work out what you are likely to want to acheive and set the chuck up to suit.

PS. The Vicmarc buttons fit straight onto the Nova Cole Jaws and offer more versatility and much greater holding power, also with a tiny touch of the file the Vicmarc Bowl Jaws fit a Nova or Supernova (advantage larger sizes available)

Graeme