PDA

View Full Version : amazing difference

hughie
27th July 2016, 06:40 PM
This one I posted some time ago and my efforts at Photography are not the best. So when this image turned up I didnt recognise at first, in fact I thought somebody had made a darn good copy on one of mine :U silly duffer me.

Camphor Laurel 20cm or 8" DO and buffed .

Goggomobile
27th July 2016, 09:38 PM
Very nice in deed.

The spirals are fantastic how did you make them ...

Willy Nelson
28th July 2016, 12:26 AM
Hughie
I love how you do these bowls, regardless of the timbers, they look exceptional, Well Done
Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

hughie
28th July 2016, 05:14 AM
Very nice in deed.

The spirals are fantastic how did you make them ...

I lay them out in pencil and hand carve the rest, plus a bit of sanding lol

Paul39
5th August 2016, 06:08 AM
This one I posted some time ago and my efforts at Photography are not the best. So when this image turned up I didnt recognise at first, in fact I thought somebody had made a darn good copy on one of mine :U silly duffer me.

I remember this one and I think commented on it. You do not need to apologize for your photography.

My suggestion for improvement is to use a medium gray background to reduce the highlights on the edges, most prominent on the right side. Using a gray backround may require a white card under the camera to in front of the bowl, but out of the photo, to open up the shadow. That is taken care of by the white foreground in your photo. The soft top light is perfect for this piece, and most turnings as it draws the shape and keeps the shadow detail.

I am a retired commercial / advertising photographer. Charles Potts, Lighting I, Art Center College of Design, 1960, "Form, separation, texture, highlight and shadow detail. Light is a law, people."

Beautiful piece, nicely photographed.