PDA

View Full Version : hollow vessel

hughie
13th August 2016, 05:58 PM
Camphor Laurel taken from a large branch.

Random spiral pattern 23 cm x 17 cm, oiled with Danish Oil till it could take no more, polished with EEE, then buffed.

The shape is based on North American Indian pottery forms. The region or culture this particular form derives from escapes me, hopefully some of the North American formites can chime in.

smiife
13th August 2016, 06:05 PM
Hi Hughie, very nicely done, I like working with camphour too !
You certainly finish it off well with the DO and eee
Well done , looks great :2tsup:

wheelinround
13th August 2016, 07:35 PM
You turned this one to clear your head didn't you?
Bet the shed smells devine.

Nice work as always Neil :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: pop it in the post I'll handle it a for a week or two and consider sending it back :U

hughie
13th August 2016, 07:45 PM
You turned this one to clear your head didn't you?
Bet the shed smells devine.

Nice work as always Neil :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: pop it in the post I'll handle it a for a week or two and consider sending it back :U

This one for some reason or another had many problems, including dropping it twice. It had what looked like 'wind shake' filled it a couple of times damn holes keep coming back. I think Murphy has been helping me :)

The upside is the 'Boss' has taken a shine to it, so this one wont make it to the gallery.

artful bodger
13th August 2016, 09:07 PM
Hi Hughie.
Interesting looking piece. I guess you hand carve the spirals?
What gallery do you normally sell through?

hughie
14th August 2016, 08:27 AM
Hi Hughie.
Interesting looking piece. I guess you hand carve the spirals?
What gallery do you normally sell through?

Yes hand carved, as to galleries I am currently between galleries and experience has taught me to stock up before approaching the next gallery.