PDA

View Full Version : Big favour - I need to borrow a lathe!

Phily
27th August 2016, 06:15 PM
I've been invited as one of 15 artists to represent the NSW Southern Highlands at an exhibition on 22 & 23 October. The exhibition will include demonstrations by each of the artists - which means of course that I need to have a lathe.

Problem is, my only lathe is a bolted down Vicmarc VL300 long bed. Not exactly portable!!

Greatly appreciated if anyone in the Southern Highlands to Canberra area could lend me a smallish lathe for that weekend.

Many thanks
Phil

robbygard
27th August 2016, 08:23 PM
if you get desperate i could help you out ... i have a variable speed jet very small lathe ... trouble is that i am a lot further away than canberra ... i will be in canberra at least once between now and your demo but only a quick visit and if you were going to meet me, we would need to be specific about time and place as i wouldn't have heaps of spare time

as i say if you get desperate, we may be able to work something out but the logistics would be tricky

regards david

Phily
27th August 2016, 08:29 PM
Thanks David, greatly appreciated & worth a few beers for your troubles. :2tsup:

Phily
29th August 2016, 12:16 AM
if you get desperate i could help you out ... i have a variable speed jet very small lathe ... trouble is that i am a lot further away than canberra ... i will be in canberra at least once between now and your demo but only a quick visit and if you were going to meet me, we would need to be specific about time and place as i wouldn't have heaps of spare time

as i say if you get desperate, we may be able to work something out but the logistics would be tricky

regards david

David, again many thanks for your offer. Gary H has very kindly offered a loan of his lathe & the logistics are much easier. Greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Phil

robbygard
29th August 2016, 07:37 AM
no worries ... glad you are fixed up

regards david