PDA

View Full Version : free mulberry in Sydney

TimberNut
29th August 2005, 09:50 AM
If any sydney turners are looking for some free timber:

I cut down the mulberry tree yesterday (refer to last weeks thread http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=20690&page=1&pp=15)

When turned, it is BRIGHT yellow (similar to ossage-orange). It should be quite stunning when dry and re-turned.

I have some spare branches left over that I don't want and will be tossing in green waste unless anyone wants to come and pick them up (bankstown area of Sydney).

There are about 10-12 lengths approx 80-100mm diam and about 500mm long. And the base section about 400diam and 300 high approx.

If you like the look of Ossage Orange then you'd like these. Most sizes only suitable for pens and small ornaments etc and you'll need to seal the ends and store till dry (or microwave or freeze).

but hey - they're free. Only keeping till this weekend and then tossing if not collected before.

Really only suitable for wood turners (hence posting in this section)

PM me if interested.

laurie ann
30th August 2005, 03:12 AM
hello ian, i would love to have some of the trimmings but it's a bit tough to get it to the usa. if you send some i would love to pay for the shipping and your time to pack it. let me know. i would love to see the turning when you have finished.i have some osage orange. one end of the log is yellow and the other is coffee brown. i have turned a few pens from it and i love the color.

hope to hear from you soon,
laurie ann

TimberNut
30th August 2005, 02:59 PM
thanks for the interest. Timber is spoken for guys.