PDA

View Full Version : Robinson EX/E Radial Arm Saw

Vann
21st October 2016, 03:56 PM
Having recently parted out a Wadkin CC radial arm saw, I was intrigued by the similarities when I saw (no pun intended) this Robinson listed on an unnamed :; internet auction site.

Posted here for your perusal.

397708 397702 397703 397706

397705 397707 397709 397704

Enjoy.

Cheers, Vann.

bueller
21st October 2016, 03:59 PM
Cheers for the pics Vann, you always seem to find such interesting machines!

Pretty amazed at the condition of this machine, seems like all the stuff I see is covered in years of rust.

wallace1973
21st October 2016, 07:25 PM
John I recently had in my hands a number of bound wadkin manuals and blueprints which came from the Robinson works. Obviously used to keep track of what the opposition were doing.

Vann
21st October 2016, 08:29 PM
Cheers for the pics Vann, you always seem to find such interesting machines...I spend far too long surfing the net, and not enough time in the workshop :B.

...I recently had in my hands a number of bound wadkin manuals and blueprints which came from the Robinson works. Obviously used to keep track of what the opposition were doing.Having the opposition's manuals seems fair enough (I'd want to know what they were up to, too), but having their blueprints seems a bit like industrial espionage :o.

I hope you managed to keep the manuals?

Cheers, Vann.

bueller
21st October 2016, 08:38 PM
John I recently had in my hands a number of bound wadkin manuals and blueprints which came from the Robinson works. Obviously used to keep track of what the opposition were doing.
Wadkin blueprints?!? Damn what I wouldn't give to see those. I have a real fascination with them, I want to frame a bunch of reprints for my study some day.

wallace1973
21st October 2016, 09:46 PM
I managed to get a pile of 60's -80's stuff. Scaled prints were supplied with machines when purchased.

camoz
22nd October 2016, 01:29 AM
Vann,

thanks for sharing, I'm a fan of Robinson, they really did put a lot of thought into their designs, that brake is a nice feature, and the tilt control.

cheers,

camo

PS I just sent you a PM about the PM from the Canadian site

bstanley
25th October 2016, 09:15 AM
That's a fantastic looking machine...not often you say stuff looks sturdier than the equivalent Wadkin!