David Mitchell
19th November 2016, 09:07 PM
Our Phalaenopsis flowers are in full bloom at the moment.:wink:
but the Dendometrium Specoisum is finished
Regards
David:2tsup:

Arron
20th November 2016, 04:59 PM
Hi David. Nice floral display. Do the phalaenopsis grow and flower in your home environment?
Also, what's the orange one at the front?

Cheers
Arron

David Mitchell
20th November 2016, 09:12 PM
Hi Arron
Thanks for your reply
Yes, these flowers grow inside where the tempeture is constant about 15 ,and the window faces North to get the morning sun
Regards
David

David Mitchell
20th November 2016, 09:14 PM
Thanks to everyone that posted a like to the flower post
Regards
David:2tsup::2tsup:

David Mitchell
20th November 2016, 09:48 PM
Hi Arron
I fogot to say what the orange flower is ,It is a Cattleya
Regards
David

crowie
21st November 2016, 07:48 AM
You can't bet the beauty and intricacy of an orchid flower which brighten up a room for months.......well done, top display!!

Arron
21st November 2016, 08:03 AM
Hi Arron
Thanks for your reply
Yes, these flowers grow inside where the tempure is constant about 15 ,and the window faces North to get the morning sun
Regards
David

By 'constant about 15' are you saying that 15 degrees is the minimum your house gets down to in winter, or that it's never more or less then roughly 15 degrees?

I'm just working out the temperature requirements - I wouldn't mind giving one or two of these a try as indoor plants but our house has a minimum of about 8 inside on winter nights (or maybe it's 10, I've forgotten) and 29 on hot summer days.

Thanks for the reply
Arron

Arron
21st November 2016, 08:09 AM
Hi Arron
I fogot to say what the orange flower is ,It is a Cattleya
Regards
David

Yep, I thought it might be Cattleya aurantiaca. You don't see that as a houseplant very often.

My same questions about growing conditions apply to it. Do you grow it alongside the phalaenopsis ? Same conditions ?

Cheers
Arron