PDA

View Full Version : Superb Parrots

NathanaelBC
11th January 2017, 07:49 AM
Listed as a vulnerable species in Canberra, this small flock of Superbs has been hanging around my workplace for a week now foraging on Box Elder. They were surprisingly tolerant of my presence and I was able to get within metres with my 200mm lens:

Repliconics
11th January 2017, 11:02 AM
Really nice photo's mate.
Thanks for posting them.
The birds well named as well they certainly are Superb.

Cheers
Trev.

crowie
11th January 2017, 08:08 PM
Top photos

Uncle Al
11th January 2017, 08:09 PM
Great photos! You were very lucky to fond some well behaved birds that weren't spooked by you and your camera. The detail in the feathers is first class.
I would love to see some of those parrots around my place to brighten up my day.

Happy shooting,
Alan...

Chris Parks
11th January 2017, 08:17 PM
Great photos! You were very lucky to fond some well behaved birds that weren't spooked by you and your camera. The detail in the feathers is first class.
I would love to see some of those parrots around my place to brighten up my day.

Happy shooting,
Alan...

Keep an eye out Alan, we are seeing a lot of Rosellas, King Parrots etc here and some strange birds I have heard but not seen so maybe they will head towards you. Awesome photos of a very colourful bird, I am going to paint some Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and pretend they are something else.:oo:

Uncle Al
12th January 2017, 08:22 AM
I am going to paint some Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and pretend they are something else.:oo:
You will have to use one of those paint guns that are used in the combat games as the Cockies would be darn hard to catch and paint with a spray can or brush - and look out, they bite!

Alan...

Chris Parks
12th January 2017, 09:07 AM
You will have to use one of those paint guns that are used in the combat games as the Cockies would be darn hard to catch and paint with a spray can or brush - and look out, they bite!

Alan...

We have one that literally follows Mrs P around the yard and even walks inside if he finds an open door.

Not enough!!
23rd August 2017, 10:04 AM
You did well Nathan, to get some decent light on the birds, I have trouble getting Rosella/Parrot shots as they seem to always hide in the tree foliage or when on the ground spook easily.

Does anyone use birdseed etc to attract the birds, as in a feed station or similar?