PDA

View Full Version : My home built sawtable with bluetooth

headingwest
26th February 2017, 01:16 PM
Hi All, just built my first box with my home built sawtable. It's all bluetooth adjustable. Works great. Check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jX9JzEauk

wheelinround
26th February 2017, 04:53 PM
That is brilliant more so for those of us who have bad backs and leaning down or croutching down to adjust tables saw blades is or would be a problem.

Congrats on a brilliant bit of engineering:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

headingwest
26th February 2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks wheelinround, I've had back surgery, so didn't like getting under the table. Also 6'2" so built it tall. Makes a big difference to using it.

bryn23
26th February 2017, 05:28 PM
This is a really Great idea and a great concept.

You should have copyrighted before posting:D

I'm temped to try and make one out of steel and machining the fittings with the same idea, but i have too much on my plate at the moment.

bloody awesome.

Uncle Al
26th February 2017, 06:40 PM
Great idea and very watchable video. Might be worthwhile sealing some of the electrics inside the cabinet to minimise dust ingress.
One of those linear actuators would look very good on my drill press!
Have fun with your new toy.

Alan...

chambezio
26th February 2017, 06:58 PM
My only comment would be to "wrap up" your 240 Volt board and the 12 Volt power pack to stop any saw dust creating a fire. Other than that you have done very well. Let us know your progress as you get stuck into a project using the "Machining Hub" (catchy name....?)

Chris Parks
26th February 2017, 08:54 PM
What a great device for, can you build in target height and angle, that would be the icing on the cake.

woodPixel
27th February 2017, 12:29 AM
Gods, I wish I'd not seen this thread!

Now I want to go retrofit my Tablesaw....

headingwest
27th February 2017, 08:33 AM
What a great device for, can you build in target height and angle, that would be the icing on the cake.

I considered adding angular measurement, but measuring things is quite challenging even with Arduino. Next version maybe..