PDA

View Full Version : GRW, Bowna turnabout

GRW
8th March 2017, 05:28 PM
Hi all,
I attended the Bowna turnabout held on the weekend. Congratulations to the organizers of the event. The weekend was fully booked. Jim and Irene were there to sell to the visitors. The venue and the setting were good. There was also timber for sale. i know some people have already booked for next year.

Well done

Gordon

dai sensei
8th March 2017, 05:53 PM
:pics:

Colin62
8th March 2017, 09:07 PM
For someone who's never been to one (and due to distance possibly never will), what happens at a turnabout? From time to time one of our local clubs will organise a day of demos and talks but from the little I've picked up, at your turnabouts in Aus each participant brings his lathe and everyone turns?

dai sensei
8th March 2017, 09:31 PM
For someone who's never been to one (and due to distance possibly never will), what happens at a turnabout? From time to time one of our local clubs will organise a day of demos and talks but from the little I've picked up, at your turnabouts in Aus each participant brings his lathe and everyone turns?

Basically yes, a heap of turners with their own lathes going flat out for a long 3 day weekend. Some don't have lathes, so often share with others, but since most talk half the time that's fine. Good food and good company with like minded people enjoying themselves. Some come and don't even turn.

At some turnabouts they also do burning or scroll sawing, others have quilting/painting/sewing/card making etc for partners. Many times partners just go on a shopping spree in the local town or head for the nearest poker machines.

Allan at Wallan
9th March 2017, 11:02 AM
Hi all,
I attended the Bowna turnabout held on the weekend. Congratulations to the organizers of the event. The weekend was fully booked. Jim and Irene were there to sell to the visitors. The venue and the setting were good. There was also timber for sale. i know some people have already booked for next year.

Well done

Gordon

Ok, you have had your fun, now get back to the club. (lol).

Allan