PDA

View Full Version : How long do you work in the shed per day?

Waldo
13th September 2005, 09:25 PM
G'day,

I thought that it's time for a new poll. So...

echnidna
13th September 2005, 09:27 PM
Do you want to include the hiding out in the shed time in that too?

Waldo
13th September 2005, 09:32 PM
G'day Echnidna,

Strueth, I hadn't even put the poll up, but for you I included your 2cents. :D

Stuart
13th September 2005, 10:53 PM
Bloody shame it can't be more- would love to spend a few hours a day. Don't have time to get really good at anything.

AlexS
13th September 2005, 10:58 PM
All day, but how could I class it as work?

Gumby
13th September 2005, 11:03 PM
I get out there on a Sunday around 11am and 5 minutes later it's 5PM and time for dinner. No wonder i don't get anything done.

Einstein said travelling in space, close to the speed of light, alters time - he should have simply gone out to the garage and cut up some timber, that alters time too :rolleyes:

Cliff Rogers
13th September 2005, 11:17 PM
Which (or who's) shed?

Is there a fridge in the shed?

Is this a trick question?

rick_rine
13th September 2005, 11:23 PM
Its not an easy question . The last 5 days I've been in the shed for 10 hours a day . Enjoying every minute even when I exposed my biscuit joints on the new cradle but thats another story . Yet with no motivation I can go days without spending over an hour . I am lucky . I designed and built my own house so to get to the workshop ( 100 square meters ) is only a matter of opening a door from the kitchen to get to the workshop fully equipted with T.V. and beer fridge .

Rick

rick_rine
14th September 2005, 12:07 AM
call me computer illiterate , call me an idiot , but please tell me how to post a new thread .

doug the slug
14th September 2005, 12:13 AM
..... and 5 minutes later it's 5PM and time for dinner. No wonder i don't get anything done.

you eat too early gumby, if im in the workshop i might not come out till real dinner time, around 9 or 10 pm

.......Einstein said travelling in space, close to the speed, of light alters time - he should have simply gone out to the garage and cut up some timber, that alters time too :rolleyes:

if einstein had been into cutting up timber he would never had the time to sit down and think about the theory of relativity, and we would probably have all been happier

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th September 2005, 01:06 AM
When I work it's on-site, often installing the items I made while playing with the toys in my shed. 'Tis a good life... :)

As a rough guess I'd estimate I spend equal time in both situations... but a lot more of my shed time is spent looking for "that thing I had 5 mins ago." I really should spend a week or three cleaning it up... :o

Alfred
14th September 2005, 02:12 AM
Time passes to fast in the shed. Maybe it's because I am new to this game and I am still feeling my way around, but at least I am having fun!

RufflyRustic
14th September 2005, 09:41 AM
If I had a shed, I'd be in it nearly every day, even if it was just to sit, have a coffee and enjoy my shed - ouch! OK I'm dreaming again....:(

cheers
RufflyRustic

Barry_White
14th September 2005, 11:05 AM
call me computer illiterate , call me an idiot , but please tell me how to post a new thread .

Rick

If you go down to the bottom of the page to "Forum Jump" and select the forum you want to post a thread in. When that forum comes up with the list of all the threads in it, up in the top left hand corner there is a button to click on "Post New Thread"

You must put a subject in otherwise it will spit you out until you put one in.

Wood Borer
14th September 2005, 11:31 AM
During the week, 2-3 hours per night.

During the weekend 10 or more hours per day.

silentC
14th September 2005, 12:09 PM
Sheds are a sore point at the moment. Have been trying to get the slab poured for mine since last week but it keeps raining. Effing farmers and their effing rain dances.... We finally get a run of dry weather and the effing concreter has decided to do another job. So the anwer is I'd be happy if I had a effing shed to spend time in... :mad:

Zed
14th September 2005, 12:27 PM
i dont go in every day - I have to work, when im in im there for 3-4 hrs on most weekends

Gumby
14th September 2005, 01:44 PM

Rick, you are computer illiterate and an idiot :D

(well, somebody had to do it :rolleyes: )

Cliff Rogers
14th September 2005, 02:11 PM
Sheds are a sore point at the moment. Have been trying to get the slab poured for mine since last week but it keeps raining. ....

Mine is now 19 months old & still doesn't have power. :mad:
The rain stopped last week so the ditch digger says he will be out next week.. I bet I can't get the electrician for 6 months now.:rolleyes:

harcx
14th September 2005, 02:13 PM
I'm with you Ruffly
Shed' what shed
Still, if you count all the time daydreaming about what I could do if I had one then that would be another thing
I'll keep dreamin
Harcx

Waldo
14th September 2005, 02:25 PM
G'day,

For the likes of you blokes and Rufflyrustic without a shed I put in garage, but then the likes of Soundman who reakons he works in a hole in the ground by the side of the road - so sorry guys, my heart bleds for you - just hope that those with a 15" thicknesser and a 10HB bleed likewise for me. :D

Gumby
14th September 2005, 02:32 PM
Soundman who reakons he works in a hole in the ground by the side of the road -

We used to dream of working in a hole by the side of the road.

I work inside rolled up newspaper out back of old shed. :)

Waldo
14th September 2005, 02:38 PM
G'day Gumby,

You're lucky, there are those that dream of even having more than 1 page of a newspaper and they cook and sleep under it too. :D

No wonder you tried to sell your SWMBO if you've been thrown out of your garage.

Cliff Rogers
14th September 2005, 02:42 PM
What's a newspaper?

Waldo
14th September 2005, 02:46 PM
G'day,

Righto, I've done my work for the day if you want me I'll be in the shed knocking bits of wood together.

RufflyRustic
14th September 2005, 04:10 PM
G'day,

Righto, I've done my work for the day if you want me I'll be in the shed knocking bits of wood together.

Hmmmph!!!!!!!!!
:( :p :cool: ;)

RR

Gumby
14th September 2005, 04:36 PM
What's a newspaper?

Well when i say newspaper, it were a newspaper to us. It were really a bit of used toilet paper with writing on it.

Stu in Tokyo
14th September 2005, 05:07 PM
For me it really depends, some nights I'm down there 4 to 5 hours, then the next morning I'm back for 3 to 4 hours, other times I get so busy at the Liquor shop, I don't get down to the Dungeon for a whole week! (shame, I know!).

Cheers!

Cliff Rogers
15th September 2005, 01:08 AM
Toilet paper? What's a toilet paper? (used or otherwise.)

Harry72
15th September 2005, 01:40 AM
so sorry guys, my heart bleds for you - just hope that those with a 15" thicknesser and a 10HB bleed likewise for me.
He he he Nike... just do it... go shopping!(go on SWMBO will only be mad for 12 months!)

RufflyRustic
15th September 2005, 09:27 AM
He he he Nike... just do it... go shopping!(go on SWMBO will only be mad for 12 months!)

And once you've got your equipment, make her something for the house she's always wanted, as quick as you can.

When I get my shed, I'll be building HWMBO a bar for his shed, I may even build it before I get my shed...... depends on when I need some bargaining points for another plan of mine....

cheers
RufflyRustic
(Dear God, please don't let it rain on Saturday between 8 am and 5 pm. I really need the wood time for a decent wood fix. Thank you, Amen)

Wongo
15th September 2005, 09:36 AM
When busy
2 - 3 hours each night during the week
Total 10 to 20 hours on Saturday and Sunday

When not so busy
1 hour each night during the week
Total 5 to 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday

bitingmidge
15th September 2005, 10:06 AM
During the week, 2-3 hours per night.
During the weekend 10 or more hours per day.

Dear Mr Borer (and others!)you lucky buggers; don't you have a life?

My life just seems to revolve around reasons for not even getting to the shed. If it's not entertaining friends, it's being entertained, or inventing new projects to start. Each evening it's a new scribble, and piles of stuff pulled out onto the floor, bench or any other horizontal (or even near horizontal) surface.

Usually by the end of the week I've made so much mess pulling stuff out to see what I've got to work with, that I have to spend all Saturday putting it away so I can start the process again on Sunday.

Fortunately, having survived as a sole male in the household of four females, I have discovered that shopping can indeed compensate for any other shortcomings.

This week for instance, to assist in overcoming my disappointment at lack of quality shed time, I have ordered a few books and a REALLY big BU plane!

Now I do feel really good, but there's no box to tick on the poll!

P

:D :D :D

savage
15th September 2005, 10:12 PM
G'Day All,

I am lucky that I get to spend as much quality shed time as I wish, once the "house jobs" are done the rest of the day is mine. I guess it is a case of I'd go nuts if I did'nt get out there as I'm medically "retired" and it was totally unexpected, it gives me an intrest. The more time spent out in the shed the more of an obsession it is becoming, but I guess I could be doing worse things like some people do. My wifey doesn't mind as I'm only a cooee away. In hours, I reckon it would be in the range of 50+ over 7 days.
savage.