PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum and I need some help please if anyone can

smudge
8th June 2017, 04:09 PM
Hi all, I am Smudge from South Australia, I am a retired quality Auditor from GM Holden, I have an old wood fast lathe that has been converted to variable speed, unfortunately I have a problem with the electrics and wondered if anyone in the Adelaide area knew of anyone who would be able to help me, I am desperate to get back into turning bowls etc although I am a beginner can you help me please? best wishes Smudge

China
8th June 2017, 04:23 PM
More info, what is the problem, is it after market or a Woodfast conversion, and put this post in the wood turning section there will be a lot more expertise to help

jmk89
8th June 2017, 05:10 PM
As a moderator, I have moved this thread into the woodturning - general forum.

hughie
8th June 2017, 06:41 PM
If you could give a detailed explanation of the problem you have and post some pics as well. :U We are all fairly visual here so pics help heaps

dai sensei
8th June 2017, 07:18 PM
I have just bought a Woodfast Long Bed old school lathe with a 3Ph motor on it and will be converting it to a VS model using a VFD unit.

Need to see some photos of what yours is and issue description as others have suggested before we can help you

smudge
9th June 2017, 03:42 PM
thanks for the quick reply Hughie, basically my woodfast was made in 1978 and its beautiful(pics to follow) it has a control box fitted that makes it a variable speed model and one day it just stopped and ive had a so called electronics guy come round have a look then not bother to come back, i will endeavor to get some photos so you can see- best wishes Smudge

smudge
9th June 2017, 03:43 PM
thanks for the reply dai Sensei,basically my woodfast was made in 1978 and its beautiful(pics to follow) it has a control box fitted that makes it a variable speed model and one day it just stopped and ive had a so called electronics guy come round have a look then not bother to come back, i will endeavor to get some photos so you can see- best wishes Smudge

old1955
9th June 2017, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Smudge.

NeilS
17th June 2017, 07:07 PM
Hi all, I am Smudge from South Australia, I am a retired quality Auditor from GM Holden, I have an old wood fast lathe that has been converted to variable speed, unfortunately I have a problem with the electrics and wondered if anyone in the Adelaide area knew of anyone who would be able to help me, I am desperate to get back into turning bowls etc although I am a beginner can you help me please? best wishes Smudge
Smudge, that lathe sounds familiar.... [emoji2]

Give Graeme and Steve a ring down at Woodfast. If they can't fix it themselves, or know where to go for that, they will probably have a replacement control unit that they can supply.

Give them a call on 8241 2205

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk