PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Big Show

brendan stemp
13th June 2017, 09:39 AM
AWTEx; it's Australia's premier wood turning show/exhibition and I am heading off today to get my entries in. Finished them yesterday! Record enteries, a bigger venue, demonstrations and trade stands suggests it will be well worth visiting. I will be at the exhibition for the whole time because I have a stand and I will be doing a demo on Sunday morning. I hope to see some forumites there (I'm sure I will). Spread the word and support the efforts of the hard-working committee.

Simplicity
13th June 2017, 10:08 AM
Good luck
Hope the show gets well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiife
13th June 2017, 08:25 PM
Hi brendan , wish I could be there , maybe next year :;
Hope you have a great time and all goes well:2tsup:

P.s. for us unfortunates that can, t be there we would like
Lots of photos please:U

artme
14th June 2017, 07:46 AM
Perhaps I will get to one of theses events one day.

All the best with your entries.

mick661
18th June 2017, 11:54 AM
Im sure put heaps photos tonight

ian
18th June 2017, 01:45 PM
AWTEx; it's Australia's premier wood turning show/exhibition and I am heading off today to get my entries in. Finished them yesterday! Record enteries, a bigger venue, demonstrations and trade stands suggests it will be well worth visiting. I will be at the exhibition for the whole time because I have a stand and I will be doing a demo on Sunday morning. I hope to see some forumites there (I'm sure I will). Spread the word and support the efforts of the hard-working committee.can we give you a task??

in another some have been pondering how many wood turners there are in Australia.
While you are at AWTEx, could you find out?

more seriously, if you get the chance, see if you can ask around about how many new wood turning lathes are sold in Australia each year.

enjoy the show
best wishes with your entries

and I hope your demonstrations go off with huge bang -- but not the sort of "bang" that happens when a spinning piece decides to let go