PDA

View Full Version : I need some assistance with a woodturning part for a wooden toy for my grandson pleas

crowie
26th June 2017, 09:18 PM
Ladies & Gents, I need some assistance with a woodturning part for a wooden toy for my grandson please, if I could trouble someone, thank you.

He's been asking me to make him a Concrete Truck since I showed him the plan about 3 years ago but as I don't have a wood lathe neither do turning I'd appreciate help assistance.

Below is a couple of pages from the plan to give you an idea of the project part.

Thank you in advanced, email or "PM" me if you're able to help.

Cheers, crowie

Dalboy
26th June 2017, 09:56 PM
If only I was your part of the world I would have happily done it for you and I think the cost of sending it and the problems of getting wood into Australia would not make it viable. If no one takes you up I can suggest a way around but lets see if someone can help first Peter.

chambezio
26th June 2017, 10:59 PM
Pete I would be happy to turn the drum and then post it down. But if someone closer wants to do it that's OK, I won't stress out. Please let me know your preference and timber choice ( regarding colour) or will you be painting the drum? (if painting I could do it in good old Radiata)

Keith_1
27th June 2017, 10:24 AM
Pete

If chambezio can't do it - I will give it a go

Regards

Keith

crowie
27th June 2017, 04:56 PM
Pete I would be happy to turn the drum and then post it down. But if someone closer wants to do it that's OK, I won't stress out. Please let me know your preference and timber choice ( regarding colour) or will you be painting the drum? (if painting I could do it in good old Radiata)

Rod, You're a good man THANK YOU and I very much appreciate the offer and look forward to seeing your magic on the lathe give the concrete agitators there shape & form
Again sir, THANK YOU. Email on the way. Cheers, Peter