PDA

View Full Version : Sail Track Supplier

outback
17th September 2005, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know if I can get some sail track, made by Capral, in Newcastle? They don't list an outlet there, but as I have to go there on Monday, and Newcastle is close to the sea, I kinda thought there may be someone that sells this stuff there.

boban
17th September 2005, 09:17 PM
Try Smart Aluminium. They have it and their head office is in Newcastle. Their details are as follow:

8&9/122 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown Ph: 02 4956 2444 <table border="0" cellspacing="1" height="29" width="500"> <tbody><tr><td class="myP3" align="left" width="40%">
</td> <td class="myP3" align="left" width="20%">
</td> <td class="myP3" align="center" width="10%">
</td> <td class="myP3" align="center" width="15%">
</td> <td class="myP3" align="center" width="15%">
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Their website has their entire catalogue in PDF so you can view it.

www.smartaluminium.com.au (http://www.smartaluminium.com.au)

BigPop
17th September 2005, 11:41 PM
Outback,
Capral are now in Munibung Road, Cardiff on the left hand side just past Lysaght Bluescope which is on the right side of the road.
If it is the sail track I think that you are after it is called Marine Sail Track it's description is EE4204 6106 T6 4.0m Mill Finish. Their Material No. is 810957.
The only problem is they don't have it in stock and have to order it in from Sydney. I got 2 x 4m lengths ordered in last week so it is available. It's just over $10 a 4m length. Smart aluminium are very good too usually a lot cheaper than Capral.
Hope this helps

outback
18th September 2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. The need for sail track has happened in a hurry, so I didn't get time to ring, order or anything. I'll just have to call in and see how I go.

outback
21st September 2005, 09:31 PM
Well I went to smart aluminium, their sail track is for big sail boats. Too big for what I want. I didn't get time to go to Capral, so I'll have to come up with an alternative.

Ya shoulda seen the size of a piece of tube they had, probably 200mm dia. It'd make for some unbelivable Dc ducting, I didn't ask how much, but it wouldn't be that expensive, would it?

Bodgy
21st September 2005, 11:26 PM
Outback

Ring up BIAS or Whitworths, Yacht Chandlers in Sydney. They will have what you're after and have a good mail order service. Look under Ship Chandlers in the Yellow Pages.

The guys know what they're talking about (re boats anyway).

Mezaire
28th November 2005, 05:06 PM
I've worked in Chandlery for a few years now and what your after probably won't be easily available through Bias/Whitworths etc. Your best bet is to ring a rigging shop. Unfortunatly no suggestions for your area as I only know ones in Tassie and Perth.

Iain
28th November 2005, 07:32 PM
Motor trimmers also have a similar item for sliding tonneaus (sp) on the front of the ute tray.
They call it sail track but it has a flange on one side to pop rivet to the tray, the track sits slightly higher than this

h
but turned side on.