PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Sheet

DPB
22nd September 2005, 09:20 AM
I'm renovating my kitchen as noted in previous post re kitchen cupboards.

I now require a source for stainless steel sheets. Don't need a lot, just enough to fit flat on the wall behind canopy hood fan (905 x 800mm). Need it cut to size.

Where in Melbourne area?

Auspiciousdna
22nd September 2005, 11:49 AM
I’d ring some Sheetmetal shops around your area that work with SS and ask for a quote for the sheet size you’re after. 16 gauge should do the trick.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DPB
22nd September 2005, 03:07 PM
Ta! will give it a try.

Termite
22nd September 2005, 03:40 PM
Ring around the kitchen cupboard mobs, there is a brushed finish ss made just for this very job and for splashbacks. Apparently does not show fingerprints etc. as much.

Wildman
22nd September 2005, 05:13 PM
I got my splashbacks made by Auburn sheet metal in Auburn Road near Burwood Road in Hawthorn. Nicely done including powerpoint cutouts.

Bodgy
22nd September 2005, 05:45 PM
Alternatively, if the 'splashback' is only behind the canopy, not the stove you can get great looking laminex which appears identical to brushed SS.

I used this when I did my kitchen (behing the benches) and it looks good. For around the stove I bought a cut to size (and drilled) sheet of toughened glass. Spray paint the back with motor exhaust black paint. Looks great.

DPB
22nd September 2005, 06:49 PM
Alternatively, if the 'splashback' is only behind the canopy, not the stove you can get great looking laminex which appears identical to brushed SS.

I used this when I did my kitchen (behing the benches) and it looks good. For around the stove I bought a cut to size (and drilled) sheet of toughened glass. Spray paint the back with motor exhaust black paint. Looks great.

Shame to buy a full sheet of Laminex, though.:(

Sturdee
22nd September 2005, 07:21 PM
Shame to buy a full sheet of Laminex, though.:(

Don, you can buy of cuts and small pieces of laminex from a cabinet maker in Ringwood rather than buy a full sheet. :D

Peter.

DPB
23rd September 2005, 08:24 AM
Don, you can buy of cuts and small pieces of laminex from a cabinet maker in Ringwood rather than buy a full sheet. :D

Peter.

Peter, please PM me the contact details.