PDA

View Full Version : Had a visitor

Nubsnstubs
21st November 2017, 10:59 PM
Yesterday Old Crocy stopped by for an hour or so. Doesn't sound like a lot of time, but he had a lot of miles behind him to get to Tucson. It's a good thing we have air travel these days, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to swim the distance. heheheeh I could actually understand all of what he said as he doesn't have that Aussie accent most Down Undies have. Anyway, it was pleasant, and if he can come back this way in the future, he's welcomed to stop by again..... It's a pleasure to have met you Croc..... Jerry (in Tucson, USA)

Old Croc
22nd November 2017, 03:47 PM
Well as Jerry said, I dropped in for a visit that was way too short, the choices of timber was awesome, wish I could have brought home some cactus skeleton, would have given customs a fright. I wish Jerry would share some photos of his work on this forum as what he showed me was world class.
Thanks for inviting me in Jerry.
Rgds,
Crocy.

artful bodger
22nd November 2017, 09:13 PM
That is pretty cool!
Did you blokes know each other beforehand or was it a forum induced meet up?
Was in Tuscon myself a few months ago but it was nearly too hot to breathe, let alone meet anyone. Don't remember seeing many trees (timber) either.

Nubsnstubs
23rd November 2017, 02:54 AM
That is pretty cool!
Did you blokes know each other beforehand or was it a forum induced meet up?
Was in Tuscon myself a few months ago but it was nearly too hot to breathe, let alone meet anyone. Don't remember seeing many trees (timber) either.

Nope, only through the internet. I'm always up for a visit by anyone that has a common interest....
As far as heat, we aren't the hottest. Phoenix has us beat by about 3-4 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer with a lot more humidity than Tucson. At 71 years old, the heat is starting to take a toll..

You probably couldn't see the trees we have because of the heat shimmer, but we do have a bunch. Not like coastal areas or mountains, but we do have them. A lot of them.......

Croc, I probably will post a few pictures after Thanksgiving. I just need a push every now and then. ............ Jerry (in Tucson)USA

Mobyturns
23rd November 2017, 06:39 AM
Good onya Crocy, good to see you sharing & promoting our wonderful "secret" brotherhood ( & sisterhood, some how a PC term like fraternity doesn't sound as good) on your travels for your other passion - top fuelers!