PDA

View Full Version : Banjo for mini lathe got one laying around?

mummatoni
1st December 2017, 09:13 AM
Hi guys am wondering has anyone decommissioned their mini lathe to a sander or a beale polisher may have a banjo arm lying around. My girls no longer holding as the rod and the bushing right through is worn out some how. So wondering does anyone have one that their willing to part with for a reasonable price. Yes she is a leda mc1018 but do know jet parts do fit her so think most mini looking similar will work. Anyone????

keep on plugging away

chambezio
1st December 2017, 09:22 AM
Should you have no luck finding a replacement, if you were to go over to the Metalwork Forum you might find someone close to your location who could make you one on their Metal Lathe. I made banjos for my Tailstock and Toolrest for my home made Wood Lathe. It is a very straight forward job made easier with you having a sample

mummatoni
1st December 2017, 09:30 AM
Should you have no luck finding a replacement, if you were to go over to the Metalwork Forum you might find someone close to your location who could make you one on their Metal Lathe. I made banjos for my Tailstock and Toolrest for my home made Wood Lathe. It is a very straight forward job made easier with you having a sampleNeed the arm not the toolrest hey. You know what holds and moves the toolrest into place. I may have all the wrong names here though

keep on plugging away

dai sensei
1st December 2017, 09:43 AM
Hmm, I assume you are referring to the lever arm that you use to lock down the main horizontal bar thingy the post sits on, is not locking it down? This lever arm operates the cam lock and something may be caught or it needs adjustment.

Where are you? Perhaps someone nearby who knows lathes could help getting the old one working

Treecycle
1st December 2017, 09:46 AM
This would be the part I assume. That is the correct name if it is.

mummatoni
1st December 2017, 09:47 AM
Hmm, I assume you are referring to the lever arm that you use to lock down the main horizontal bar thingy the post sits on, is not locking it down? This lever arm operates the cam lock and something may be caught or it needs adjustment.

Where are you? Perhaps someone nearby who knows lathes could help getting the old one workingHubby had it apart he can't really see why it doing it at all. He just said there lot of slop in the bush other than that he can't work it out.

Yes I do mean the arm thingy with the camlock. She like come alive you press down she slowly comes back up immediately

keep on plugging away

mummatoni
1st December 2017, 09:47 AM
This would be the part I assume. That is the correct name if it is.

425085Yes her

keep on plugging away

Treecycle
1st December 2017, 01:13 PM
Which part does hubby believe is worn? Adjustment of the nut can have a big bearing on how well they lock too.

Old Croc
2nd December 2017, 09:01 PM
Hey Toni, I am back home now, bring it around and I will have a look at it for you,
Rgds,
Crocy.