PDA

View Full Version : Help find our daughter!!

Wild Dingo
26th September 2005, 03:13 PM
Today we listed our eldest daughter Melissa Erin Eyre as a missing person

Melissa is 21 years old she has short (just above shoulder length) mousey blonde hair blue eyes she is 5ft tall slight build last seen wearing blue jeans and a pink jumper with black boots or runners on she is also known as Mel

Melissa was last seen on Tuesday last at the Exchange Hotel in Kalgoorlie having a meal with friends. she has not been seen or heard from since by her family or friends

she has no money and no clothing other than what she was wearing there are some suspicions as to her disappearance

Melissas aunty has just been diagnosed with terminal incurable cancer and is not expected to see Christmas and Melissa does not know

If any of the fly in fly out fellas on the board see Melissa around the goldfields please tell her to ring her dad on 9726 1117 any time day or night. if she doesnt want to come home its okay we just need to know shes okay if she needs money air ticket whatever we will help her just contant us 9726 1117 if any of the eastern states fellas see her please tell her to contact us

Sorry if this is against the board rules I just dont know what else to do... weve reported her missing weve spoken with all the people in her phone book I am about to buggar of up to Kal to search myself and this is the only Australian board I go on we need help mate so I hope you wont mind shes our eldest child mate twin and god were worried for her

Please if anyone can help us please do! If anyone sees her please tell us!

Here is the most recent photo we have of our daughter please help us find her

doublejay
26th September 2005, 03:23 PM
Shane,

I really hope that everything works out for you. You might need to edit your post, you've given two slightly different phone numbers.

Good luck, as a father of three my thoughts are with you.

Clinton1
26th September 2005, 03:59 PM
Best of luck to you mate - hope it all works out. It must feel terrible for you and your family.

Wild Dingo
26th September 2005, 04:34 PM
Phone number fixed blame it on the tears sorry

Robert WA
26th September 2005, 04:47 PM
We are a long way from Kal but will be looking, just in case she has headed this way.
Our thoughts are with you.
Rob

TEEJAY
26th September 2005, 04:53 PM
Wow,

Prayers and thoughts with you cob.

silentC
26th September 2005, 04:55 PM
Mate, I doubt very much that or anyone else would have any problem with this. I'll send the photo to my missus and see if she can send it around her mates in Sydney, Brissy and elsewhere. Hope it works out OK.

Sturdee
26th September 2005, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear it Shane.

Not likely that I'll see her here in Melbourne, but if I do, like all of us, I'll pass on the message and let you know.

Good luck and we are all thinking of you.

Peter.

Gumby
26th September 2005, 05:39 PM
You have our support Shane, I hope it works out well for you.

Greolt
26th September 2005, 05:56 PM
I second what Gumby said. Thinking of you at this time mate.

himzol
26th September 2005, 06:11 PM
You have our support Shane, I hope it works out well for you

Same here, though I can't seem to see the photo,

ozwinner
26th September 2005, 06:31 PM
Same here, though I can't seem to see the photo,

Right click>show picture.

Same here Shane, I hope everything turns out OK

Al :(

Wassy
26th September 2005, 06:51 PM
Shane, I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Captain Chaos
26th September 2005, 07:19 PM
Shane, I'll be on the lookout when I'm in & around Adelaide, just in case. Hoping very much that this works out the very best way for you.
Barry.

RETIRED
26th September 2005, 07:47 PM
No probs here and I fixed the pic thing.

E. maculata
26th September 2005, 07:58 PM
All of my families thoughts are with you & yours Shane.

Auld Bassoon
26th September 2005, 08:05 PM
Shane,

Thinking of you and your family Shane; this must be very hard.

Like everyone else, I hope that this works out for you.

Steve

DPB
26th September 2005, 08:09 PM
My heart aches for you and your family, Shane. My wife and I will pray for Melissa.

John Saxton
26th September 2005, 08:18 PM
Shane, sincerely wish that you and your family locate Melissa soon.

GEEZ mate, you've had some rotten luck of late :( and I do so hope that things in the main will turn around for you.

ALL THE BEST to you and your family in this time of need for you.

Cheers :)

Grunt
26th September 2005, 08:42 PM
I first read this when I got home from work. I can't stop thinking about it. I just can't imagine what you are going through.

The Grunt households thoughts are with you and we hope your daughter is found safe and sound.

Grunt

DavidG
26th September 2005, 08:57 PM
We are with you.

fxst
26th September 2005, 08:58 PM
Shane most heading east or west go thru here so I will keep a look out
Pete

Caliban
26th September 2005, 09:57 PM
Mate
There's nothing any of us can say, except hang in there. Stay positive. We'll pray for you and Mel.

Iain
26th September 2005, 10:05 PM
We hear of this and think little until it happens to one of our own, what do we say?
May your God be with you and grant you a favourable outcome, I wish I could help but feel so helpless.
I am sure that many have not responded for the same reason and I hope that they feel as we do.
It is difficult to put our true feelings into words of sincerity, but I am trying my best.
As a parent I can only share your grief but cannot truly feel what you are for I have not experienced it and only hope that everything will be well.
God bless.

knucklehead
26th September 2005, 10:13 PM
Shane this is every parents worst nightmare. What a truly horrible situation for you and your family. I hope that you find your daughter very soon.

I have passed your message on to my friends working in the Kalgoolie mines.

boban
26th September 2005, 10:20 PM
I sincerely wish you the best of outcomes Shane. Stay strong.

rodm
26th September 2005, 11:02 PM
I feel for you mate. Good luck in your search and my thoughts and wishes are with you.

ele__13
26th September 2005, 11:07 PM
Our hopes and prayers are with you .... hope that Mel is returned hom safe and well to u asap best wishes n hugz jules n doug

Waldo
27th September 2005, 12:04 AM
G'day Wild Dingo,

Strueth!

When I saw the title of this thread I was concerned, now I've read it - even more so. Hope and prayers are with you and your family and all the best. Don't know what else to say.

sandman
27th September 2005, 12:13 AM
Wish we could do more to help, feel so damn helpless, can't get it out of my mind.
Hope to see some good news on the issue real soon!
Best of luck to you & your family Shane.
Regards Sandman.

journeyman Mick
27th September 2005, 01:03 AM
Shane,
our thoughts and prayers are with you, hang in there.

Mick

barnsey
27th September 2005, 01:14 AM
Wild Dingo,

Us lot here are aware of what rampant teenagers go through - it's murder on us parents and you've got one through that and now this.

With due respect - was she restless? I'll spread the word through the younger community around here if you think she might have wanted to runaway. I've got 19, 18 & 16 year olds out and about around here and my wife is a psychologist working with misplaced youth and children particularly indigenous community but with a service that covers all.

Our sincere thoughts are with you and let us know if you want us to help on the other side of the country.

Hope this all works out for your family. Keep the chin up mate.

Jamie Barnes & Family

Schtoo
27th September 2005, 01:46 AM
I doubt I will see her around here, but you are in our thoughts.

Good luck, you seem to need a healthy dose of it right now...

Larry M
27th September 2005, 02:02 AM
Shane

I've got two daughters about the same age, so I can imagine what you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Please keep us informed if there is any news. I am sure that there are by now hundreds of fellow woodies who are worried sick for you.

Best wishes and good luck

Larry

Munga
27th September 2005, 06:46 AM
Mate we have just gone through this with a niece and that was bad enough but your own child would be devastating, my days of running up and down the highways are gone now but 99% of the truckies are good blokes so if you can get some photo's done up and get a truckie to put them in all the road houses he/they pass may help, when I was with Brambles Manford on the north west run we did this for another parent it ended up you cauldn't go into a roadhouse with out seeing one and in the end it worked, hope this helps can't imagine what you are going through.

Our thoughts are with you Arch.

RufflyRustic
27th September 2005, 09:29 AM
thinking and praying for you, your family and Mel.

Wendy

E. maculata
27th September 2005, 05:27 PM
any word yet?

Andy Mac
27th September 2005, 08:26 PM
Shane,
My thoughts are with you. We have 2 daughters and I can't imagine what you're going through.
Keep a stout heart.

Andrew

Caliban
27th September 2005, 08:29 PM
Still helping you worry.
stay positive.
Good luck and God bless.

Gra
27th September 2005, 09:22 PM
As everyone above has said, good luck, all our thoughts are with you, doubt if she will make it all the way down here, but we will keep an eye out anyway. if there is anything else we can do just drop a message on the board, as you can already see the member of this board will do whatever we can to help a fellow father in distress. My daughter isnt old enough to get into any of that trouble yet, (Still got that to come) but I can imagine what you are going through.

please keep us informed of your progress and let us know if you need anything

graemet
27th September 2005, 09:22 PM
Shane,
On the vague chance she has come to Sydney, I've printed out the photo & will keep a look out. Don't give up hope.
Cheers
Graeme

Gingermick
27th September 2005, 11:07 PM
Our thoughts are with you too.

johnc
28th September 2005, 12:10 AM
With two daughters and one a similar age my heart goes out to you, I hope and pray you have a positive outcome.

John

Wild Dingo
28th September 2005, 12:54 AM
Okay... Ive got good news and not so good news

I left with my 25 year old nephew this morning after finishing some things I had to do in Perth I left and bolted in my daughters car and went... I took my nephew in the hope he could get into places and talk with people who wouldnt talk to an old phart... and we got as far as Meredin when I got a call from the female cop handling the case

They located Melissa this morning and "she is well and working"... so much for the good news

Now for the not so good... she refused to talk with me or say if or when she would be in contact or come home... and theres sweet stuff all I can do about it!... The cop refused to give me any information as "Melissa is an adult and we have to respect her wishes if she doesnt want us to know or doesnt want to talk with us then all the information they can give us is that she is well working"

So now Im home again and we have to simply twiddle our thumbs and wait for her to contact us

But the good news is shes okay

Thanks to all for your help good wishes thoughts prayers and love.

Shane Jody and kids

Gra
28th September 2005, 01:38 AM

I left with my 25 year old nephew this morning after finishing some things I had to do in Perth I left and bolted in my daughters car and went... I took my nephew in the hope he could get into places and talk with people who wouldnt talk to an old phart... and we got as far as Meredin when I got a call from the female cop handling the case

They located Melissa this morning and "she is well and working"... so much for the good news

Now for the not so good... she refused to talk with me or say if or when she would be in contact or come home... and theres sweet stuff all I can do about it!... The cop refused to give me any information as "Melissa is an adult and we have to respect her wishes if she doesnt want us to know or doesnt want to talk with us then all the information they can give us is that she is well working"

So now Im home again and we have to simply twiddle our thumbs and wait for her to contact us

But the good news is shes okay

Thanks to all for your help good wishes thoughts prayers and love.

Shane Jody and kids

Good to hear all is well with her. It look like you just need to give her some space, my sister did the same thing a number of times. Then went and married our other sisters husbands best mate. Sometimes Kids of that age need to break away and do their own thing. Some of them have to Learn the hard way, it is just their way. Just remember the old poem

Jus remember you did your best, you have taught her well. have faith in your abilities. One day she willl wake up and realise you were correct, but in the mean time she will have to learn how right you were. All you can do is give her time.

This is comming from someone how has lived through the same thing. It hurts I know, but as I said above have faith in how you raised her, it will come out eventually.

best wishes to you and the rest of your family
Neil

Harry72
28th September 2005, 01:51 AM
She'll come around one day Shane, we all go through testing times at some stage... yours seem to be all in a short time span, hang in there mate. Go cut some wood up to get your mind off've things.

rodm
28th September 2005, 03:20 AM
Shane that is great news to know she is safe and has a job. Look at the positives and sleep well tonight as you and your family must be drained.
Melissa knows where home is and the Missing Persons enquiry has sent a message to her that you all care about her.
You have done all that you can, and as much as any father can do, so just hang in there and hopefully it will all come together.

ele__13
28th September 2005, 06:47 AM
Hey shane and Family .... relief to know she is ok is a huge one BUT i know exactly where you are comimg from ... have been a carer in a teenage respite house for kids in care with the dept here in qld and we are now foster parents our selves ... ur heart sinks when something happens like this ... least u know she is ok.... and time mends lots of things ... god bless .. hope it all sorts out soon ... jules n doug

Stu in Tokyo
28th September 2005, 07:33 AM
Thank the good Lord that you know she is OK, and working.

I have two daughters, and they are still young, but I'm not really looking forward to "that" age.

I hope it all works out.

E. maculata
28th September 2005, 08:36 AM
She's safe'n well thats terrific, the rest will settle down.

barnsey
28th September 2005, 09:13 AM
Daughter - Safe and well
Parents - traumatised
Moral - We are treated as we have treated others???

What a crock of 5h1t!!!!

Why is it that those of the tender ages think that their elders no longer have the ability to remember those emotions?? Or might have experienced the same things before.

A sense of community - Gone
A sense of family - Going
A sense of loneliness - pandemic
Moral - the impending destruction of the entire fabric of human society.

Think I'll go watch the Simpsons marathon and the South Park weekend bonanza to get a more rounded view on life :confused: :confused: :confused:

Caliban
28th September 2005, 09:19 AM
Shane
I think what Jamie is saying (just think, mind you) is that it isn't your fault that this has happened. She'll come around in her sweet time, maybe when someone she loves shafts her and she realises that you did love her after all.
You'll get over the hurt, anger and shock too.
As Wayne Davey's signature says "Age is a terrible price to pay for maturity."
Hang in there, we'll continue to pray for you.

Clinton1
28th September 2005, 09:21 AM
Good to hear that she is well, and that you and your family know she is safe.

I hope that the situation works out for the best in the long term... I can't imagine what you and your family are feeling but all the best and remember to look after yourselves as well as worry about Melissa.

All the best,
Clinton

Greolt
28th September 2005, 09:31 AM
I'm so glad to hear she is OK Shane.

Still a lot of pain for you and her mother but my experience is they do grow out of it.

Been there and don't want to go through that stage of life again.

Your still in our thoughts and prayers mate.

Greolt

Bodgy
28th September 2005, 10:51 AM

Sorry Shane, you're wrong. You have good news - full stop.

Your concerns about Meilissa are now allayed.

What you and Jody have left are strong feelings of hurt, betrayal, guilt and (sorry) pretty strong anger.

Basically your adult daughter, has left home, albeit in a stupid and selfish way. Unfortunately that's what kids do. She's well and working, thats the important thing.

She'll come round, and you'll feel a lot better in a few days. Go assault a perfectly innocent bit of wood.

Don't mean to be harsh, but she's been an adult for 3 years - gotta let go mate.

TEEJAY
28th September 2005, 11:08 AM
Shane,

I agree with the sentiment that you got good news. Do hope you can have some peace in mind and sleep at night. A friend of mine summed it all up for me one day with a simple saying I've heard many times "Kids are ar@#$*les" but say it with a smile, keep good karma and sleep well old son - don't let it torture you. Happy for you it is what it is and not something worse - all good news really!!!:D ;) :p . And hey were here to give you a hard time if the kids don't :p :rolleyes: :p .
Cheers

RufflyRustic
28th September 2005, 12:26 PM
Shane and family - Thank God!!!! That's great news that Mel is ok.

Speaking as one who has put her own parents though hard times - hopefully age and wisdom will come, as well as Mel coming back to visit or talk with you. You've sown the seeds and now it's a pain having to be patient waiting for the harvest. It will come, one way or another, one day.

While you are de-stressing in your shed (area), build her something, eg a box and put in it something that means a lot to your and Mel, or something special she gave you when she was a child. one day, you'll be able to give it to her and she'll know you never stopped loving her. - just a thought -

Wendy

Waldo
28th September 2005, 12:44 PM
G'day Wild Dingo,

As with Gra, I have been through a very similar ecperience with my sister when she decided to leave home and race off with her boyfriend. It hurts, it's hard to accpet - but one day things will mend.

Happy to hear she's in good health and OK.

Caliban
28th September 2005, 01:57 PM
In the mean time, redirect all that anger at someone you don't love who ahs given you grief lately. Now let's see, who could that be?Orange tool sellers perhaps... :D

Auld Bassoon
28th September 2005, 09:18 PM
Shane,

That's a big relief; I'm really glad that your daughter, Melissa, is well.

I can sympathise with your own predicament, but hopefully, with time, she'll contact you and your family again.

Good luck mate!

Cheers!

John Saxton
28th September 2005, 09:57 PM
SHANE as the saying goes KIDS ya gotta love 'em or ya gotta hate 'em for what they put you thru. :confused:

GREAT to hear that you're square and have some peace of mind now ..however hope things are really turnin' the corner after the rough edges you've had in your life :mad: over recent times wiv floodin' etc.

CHEERS Mate :)

Captain Chaos
28th September 2005, 10:33 PM
Shane,
Great to hear that Melissa is well & that your pain & suffering has been eased. I wish you and your family a safe journey along the road to tomorrow, and always.
Barry.

Groggy
28th September 2005, 10:35 PM
"She is well", which means she will continue to grow up.

Not a perfect result, but much better than not knowing. Sorry you had to go through that.

Tiger
1st October 2005, 08:58 PM
Time has a habit of healing all wounds. You'll need patience but I'm sure you've got that. All I can say is take it one day at a time. Being on your own forces you to grow up real quick and it's amazing how mature you become. It will all work out.

AlexS
1st October 2005, 11:03 PM
Glad to hear your daughter is well, & can only hope that time brings you together again, as I'm sure it will.