PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day Pen Swap 2018 Registration

sturina
15th January 2018, 04:23 PM
Hi All forum members. Well it’s that time of year again, to open up registrations for the Australia Day Pen Swap. The Swap is only open to Forum members (so feel free to sign up), and even if your not an Australian you are more than welcome to enter he fun.

The Pen Swap is open to all members whatever their ability and is a chance to push yourself and try something new or brush the cobwebs of some old skills

Registration is now open and will close at midnight (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on 25th January 2018. On the 26th January (or shortly after, as I’ll be at work all day) swap partners will be randomly assigned and published in a seperate thread.

So here is what you need to do! In this thread, state your name, country you live in and whether you would like to swap one or two pens (to different partners) and if you are happy to swap internationally. e.g Forum name.Country.(number) Pens. Overseas (yes/no)
After the draw is completed contact your partner(s), make a pen and post it as soon as possible. Anything else you wish to exchange is up to yourselves (such as pen blanks) You can make any style of pen you wish of any material. Please complete all swaps by 31st March, 2018.

To make sure this is all fair there a few simple rules below.

It is a condition of entry that you have read and understood the rules, conditions and general information.
You must be a member of the Woodwork Forums. Registration is easy and can be accessed here: Register at Woodwork Forums (http://www.woodworkforums.com/register.php)
If you’ve just registered to participate in this swap or have a limited number of posts I may ask for your email address as a condition of entry.
A condition of entry is that you acknowledge the possibility that your swap partner, for whatever reason, may not fulfill their part of the swap. Additionally you may be partnered with someone who is new at pen turning.
You accept responsibility for all costs associated with making and posting your pens as well as any other items you wish to post as well.
You MUST complete your swap(s), regardless. If you have any doubt about your ability to complete your swap at this point in time, please do not participate.
You MUST communicate your intentions at all times. It’s best to contact your partner(s) as soon as possible. Please communicate with each other via email. Using the private message system on the woodwork forums can be unreliable if members in-boxes are full.
The type of pen mechanism and blank you use on the pen is entirely up to you.
Swapping additional blanks is entirely at the discretion of yourself and your partner. It is NOT mandatory to swap additional blanks.
Members who did not completed their swap last year are not eligible to swap this year and any other subsequent years. If you know of anyone who has not completed their swap with you last year or previous years, could you please contact me via PM.
All swaps must be completed before March 31st 2018. If you are having trouble reaching this target then please contact myself or your swap partner ASAP.

Only thing left to do is REGISTER!!!!

sturina
15th January 2018, 04:37 PM
Better get the ball rolling

Sturina/ Australia / one Pen/ overseas

Simplicity
15th January 2018, 04:42 PM
Simplicity(Matt)/Australia two pen overseas

Cheers Matt
I can two not a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andysmylie
15th January 2018, 05:29 PM
I’ll be in it.

andysmylie - Adelaide, South Australia - 2 - one overseas

Cheers
Andy

Gabriel
15th January 2018, 05:56 PM
Gabriel, Australia , 1 (can do 2 if numbers are needed), overseas ok

macandrita
15th January 2018, 08:47 PM
Macandrita, Australia, 2 pens, overseas ok

Cheers,
Mac

bdar
15th January 2018, 09:01 PM
Bdar, Australia, 2 pens Local and overseas

wedgtail
15th January 2018, 09:29 PM
Mark Adelaide 2 pens any
where.

BamBam53
16th January 2018, 08:00 PM
BamBam53. New Zealand. 1 pen. Overseas ok.

David Mitchell
16th January 2018, 09:54 PM
I'm in 1 local 1 over sea

David Mitchell

Benny_
17th January 2018, 04:09 PM
Benny_, Australia, 1 pen preferred but can do 2 if needed and overseas is fine.

Tandanas1
17th January 2018, 06:52 PM
Andrew Victoria, 2 pens anywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mkypenturner
17th January 2018, 08:59 PM
im in mkypenturner qld 2 pens o/seas ok

Pjwri2
17th January 2018, 10:07 PM
Pjwri2 Victoria two pens Australia Only

Grommett
17th January 2018, 10:28 PM
As always look forward to this.
australia/VIC two pens
O/S is good.

TerryCh
17th January 2018, 10:32 PM
Terry, Brisbane, Australia 2 pens - 1 local, 1 overseas.

Thanks, great job

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Øistein
18th January 2018, 06:16 AM
I want to participate to Austalia Day Pen Swap 2018

Austevoll/ Norway/ one pen/ overseas.

captainkirk
18th January 2018, 09:57 AM
I would like to participate in this pen swap :)
captainkirk Australia 2 pens overseas ok.

Tandanas1
27th January 2018, 10:23 PM
Bdar, Australia, 2 pens Local and overseas

Looks like we have been paired for the pen swap, any preferences in what you would like to receive? Wood species? Acrylic, stone?
Let me know and your address for delivery.
I have no preferences, would just like to see what you would choose.
My address is 25 Batson Street Winchelsea VIC 3241 Australia

Cheers
Andrew Barnard

Tandanas1
27th January 2018, 10:28 PM
im in mkypenturner qld 2 pens o/seas ok

Got your message, I don’t have any prefs about wood type, so surprise me.
I’m in Victoria, my address is 25 Batson Street Winchelsea VIC 3241 Australia
If you have preferences about material or style let me know. I am a late comer to turning and self taught, I will appreciate genuine feedback. I fear that friends and family are a little too glowing in praise.

Cheers

Andrew Barnard

bdar
27th January 2018, 10:28 PM
Looks like we have been paired for the pen swap, any preferences in what you would like to receive? Wood species? Acrylic, stone?
Let me know and your address for delivery.
I have no preferences, would just like to see what you would choose.
My address is 25 Batson Street Winchelsea VIC 3241 Australia

Cheers
Andrew Barnard

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkHi Andrew,

I think the same as you. I will be happy with what ever you send me.

Darren Reid
PO Box 9016
Burnett Heads. 4670
Queensland

Regards
Darren

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk