PDA

View Full Version : Lost trades fair, Kyneton get together

hurcorh
5th March 2018, 04:59 PM
Hi all. Not sure if there is a thread for this event or not. I'll be attending Sunday the 11th from Adelaide. I have a hire car i'll be picking up from Hertz at Melbourne airport at 9:30 (approx, may be 09:00) and if anyone else from interstate is coming along, or anyone that wants a lift to/from nearby the airport around 9:30 departure and 17:30 back at Melbourne airport, you're welcome to claim a seat with me free of charge.

Cheers.

Pac man
5th March 2018, 05:14 PM
Just a heads up if you are going skip the queues and buy your tickets on line.

Chesand
5th March 2018, 05:34 PM

Also cheaper when bought beforehand and valid for either day. Bought my ticket this morning but not sure which day I will be going as yet.

FenceFurniture
5th March 2018, 06:14 PM
Yeah, fletty, shanesmith80 and I will be there on Saturday - tickets printed out. Sunday being played by ear for Kyneton, and there's the Shepparton Woodshow on, plus we're probably going to have a mind-expanding shed visit to RayG in Shepparton.

Catching up with Christos for lunch in Albury on the way down, and staying in a house in Bendigo for Fri/Sat nights (45 mins north of Kyneton). Might just hafta go to Bendigo via Rutherglen.....:;

fletty
5th March 2018, 07:13 PM

Last year I hadn’t bought my entry ticket on line and it took MORE THAN AN HOUR in the queue to get to the ticket booth! Once inside it was a fantastic experience but the day was soured by the entry schmozzle.

fletty

FenceFurniture
5th March 2018, 07:40 PM
AND the gates are open 30 mins early to prepaid people (so at 9.30 instead of 10 for riff raff).

Simplicity
5th March 2018, 07:51 PM
Wow
When was this all organised.

Cheers Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug3030
5th March 2018, 08:33 PM
We will be there on Saturday. Might have to arrange to meet up?

fletty
5th March 2018, 09:01 PM
We will be there on Saturday. Might have to arrange to meet up?

Great, I’ll keep an eye out for you it will be good to catch up again!
MY highlights last year, other than Terry Gordon and Colen Clenton ☺️, were the knife makers and blacksmiths so you might find me near them ...... or the craft brewers :tequila:

doug3030
5th March 2018, 09:12 PM
MY highlights last year, other than Terry Gordon and Colen Clenton ☺️, were the knife makers and blacksmiths so you might find me near them ...... or the craft brewers :tequila:

Hi Fletty, I still have your phone number unless you have changed it since we were at the Canberra Wood Show. It would indeed be good to catch up again. :2tsup:

Not sure about these blacksmiths and knifemakers - I have my own forge and anvil now (but I am not very good with them yet so I probably will go for a look) :rolleyes:

I have found that if you want to get near Terry Gordon or Colen Clenton you get there early as that building fills up fast.

Cheers

Doug

FenceFurniture
5th March 2018, 11:01 PM
Wow
When was this all organised.When you weren't looking!

Are you going?

Simplicity
6th March 2018, 04:17 PM
When you weren't looking!

Are you going?

Brett I would love to be going and there is a small slim possibility that I will be there.
And being an atheist I'm praying hard.

Cheers Matt

Simplicity
9th March 2018, 01:13 PM
Just heads up,
Me my self, plus ego lol and Sally will be there tomorrow (Saturday)
So any other forum members going ???

Cheers Matt

fletty
9th March 2018, 02:29 PM

The bus bus has already reached Albury (thanks Christos)!

fletty
9th March 2018, 03:34 PM

.... and Campbell’s Winery (thanks redbog)

Kuffy
9th March 2018, 04:05 PM
So any other forum members going ???

I reckon I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'll take a look around and hang out for any demonstrations which peak my interest. Then I'll make tracks again to be back on the tools by 1-2pm'ish.

fletty
9th March 2018, 04:27 PM

.... and Chambers Wines (thanks Campbell’s Wines)

Pagie
9th March 2018, 04:27 PM
I'll be going sunday

lewisc
9th March 2018, 06:23 PM
I’ll be up there on Sunday. I’m trying to find out if HNT will be around. I’m tossing up whether to buy one of his smoothing planes or get a Veritas Low angle jack plane. Still working out which would be the better plane for smoothing table tops etc. . Probably a better idea to get both.

kungsleden
9th March 2018, 06:40 PM
yes, going tomorrow.

fletty
9th March 2018, 06:41 PM
I’ll be up there on Sunday. I’m trying to find out if HNT will be around. I’m tossing up whether to buy one of his smoothing planes or get a Veritas Low angle jack plane. Still working out which would be the better plane for smoothing table tops etc. . Probably a better idea to get both.

Terry Gordon IS scheduled to be there and usually has planes to trial. It gets very busy on his stand though so you may have to wait a while?

DomAU
9th March 2018, 07:14 PM

I think that's a question for another thread as responses are likely to be long and numerous if it gets traction. Aside from the answer to the first part - yes Terry will be there.

Cheers, Dom

doug3030
9th March 2018, 07:19 PM
I think that's a question for another thread as responses are likely to be long and numerous if it gets traction.

Which is exactly why chose not to put in my 2c worth on that subject. I was hoping everyone else would do similar... :rolleyes:

lewisc
9th March 2018, 07:49 PM
Awesome. I played with his planes last year but had too many questions to find answers for. I’ll keep searching for more answers between now and then. Looking forward to seeing what’s up there this year.

Christos
10th March 2018, 11:16 AM

The bus bus has already reached Albury (thanks Christos)!

This photo with the ray of sunshine on my head should indicated how blessed I am living in Albury.
:kneel:

It great to catchup with some of the Sydney friends.

kungsleden
10th March 2018, 11:45 AM
Just back from the fair.
Really good to be there early. There was a huge car queue when I left, all the way to the Calder exit.:oo:
A lot of nice stuff (furniture, knives, shoes). Almost ordered some shoes. Asked a few questions to Gordon.
Did not stay long enough for the finishing demo by Steven something.

DomAU
10th March 2018, 05:01 PM
Yep, really great and even busier than last year IMO. I think I waited 30min to get to the Atm and paid $7- in fees, so I recommend taking cash.

Highlights for me was chatting to Glen Rundell and Greg Pennington about windsor chairs, chatting to and drooling over Terry/Colins stuff, watching Steven demonstrating french polishing and generally enjoying the crafts and atmosphere.

Also couldn't leave empty handed so picked up a small Lignum Vitae spokeshave from Terry and a nice block of marbled blackwood from Pete and larger piece of blackwood from Liam.

Great day out.

Cheers, Dom

Simplicity
10th March 2018, 06:28 PM
Again a great show and it seemed bigger than when I was there two years go.
I heard they sold 10,000 pre booked tickets WOW was there with three in tow,
Caught up with a few there.
Was going to hit the pub later that afternoon to catch up with Brett and the guys from Sydney and anybody else interested in long story's and quick lies[emoji849].
Sorry guys one of our group has had cancer twice so hot days are not the best we unfortunately had to bale out after lunch.

But still had a great day will be back next year hopefully.

Cheers Matt

Chesand
10th March 2018, 07:11 PM
I was there as it opened so was able to see some of the stands before the crowds. Great selection of trades and well worthwhile. I had to leave around midday. Kyneton was really buzzing so the Fair is great for the whole area.

doug3030
10th March 2018, 08:11 PM
We got there early - about 9:10, after stopping at a garage sale just up the road. Fencefurniture, Fletty and Shanesmith80 were already waiting at the gate so we joined them for a chat while we waited for the gates to open.

Here's a few likely suspects.

doug3030
10th March 2018, 08:18 PM
I watched a demo of fitting a steel tyre to a wagon wheel.

doug3030
10th March 2018, 08:28 PM
A few other examples of lost trades

431468 431467

doug3030
10th March 2018, 08:38 PM
Nd when it started to look like this:

and you couldn't move anywhere any more, seven of us went to one of the pubs in Kyneton for some afternoon refreshments.

We spent a couple of hours telling tales and having fun.

If you are going tomorrow, take cash with you. Many stalls do not that eftpos and the queue for the very expensive ATM was long - even longer than the lines for the food, which were massive. After last year I brought cash and food/drinks and I am pleased I did. It gave me more time to browse the attractions instead of standing in line.

I would like to thank Fletty, Fencefurniture and Shanesmith80 for driving down from Sydney for the event and being great company on the day along with it. :2tsup:

Pagie
10th March 2018, 09:24 PM
Anyone else going tomorrow?

hurcorh
11th March 2018, 12:25 AM
Yep I'll be there tomorrow from open. Worried about traffic leaving though. I've got a flight at 18:30 from Melbourne. Need to drop a car off at the airport around 17:30. Might leave at 1500 to be safe... 5 hours should be enough on the day....

Kuffy
11th March 2018, 12:28 PM
I went there yesterday morning for about 90 minutes. Nothing much peaked my interest. Watched the guys put a rim on a wagon wheel and then watched Steven Wilson's french polishing demo again and pretty much headed out of the place shortly afterwards. Was there a blacksmith smashing away at an anvil there that I may have missed? I usually enjoy watching them shape metals in ways that timber just can't be done.

Simplicity
11th March 2018, 12:59 PM
I went there yesterday morning for about 90 minutes. Nothing much peaked my interest. Watched the guys put a rim on a wagon wheel and then watched Steven Wilson's french polishing demo again and pretty much headed out of the place shortly afterwards. Was there a blacksmith smashing away at an anvil there that I may have missed? I usually enjoy watching them shape metals in ways that timber just can't be done.

Didn't see you there [emoji849]
I saw plenty of Smiths not the surname type.
Lol

fletty
11th March 2018, 03:49 PM
The journey continues, RayG’s VERY impressive shedS...

The Shepparton Wood Show with Ray...

and now back back on the road to Sydney. We’re not home (nor hosed?) yet but we are leaving with some great memories....

fletty

A Duke
11th March 2018, 04:06 PM
The journey continues, RayG’s VERY impressive shedS...

The Shepparton Wood Show with Ray...

431504 431505

and now back back on the road to Sydney. We’re not home (nor hosed?) yet but we are leaving with some great memories....

fletty

HI,
Three invalid attachments.
Regards

Pagie
11th March 2018, 04:57 PM
I went today and saw what was there. Not bad. Not a lot of woodwork but interesting.

Pagie
11th March 2018, 05:16 PM

hurcorh
11th March 2018, 05:37 PM
Today was the first time I'd met Colen and Terry. Both very nice guys. Was able to trade some Lignum Vitae with Terry for a 150mm tail vice plus some cash and almost added another dovetail marking gauge from Colen to the Toolbox.... Held back, though. Was my first time attending. Glad I did.

fletty
11th March 2018, 06:38 PM
Chris Parks asked us to keep an eye out for square nails ....

..... and luckily we found one ☺️!

DomAU
11th March 2018, 07:01 PM
Today was the first time I'd met Colen and Terry. Both very nice guys. Was able to trade some Lignum Vitae with Terry for a 150mm tail vice plus some cash and almost added another dovetail marking gauge from Colen to the Toolbox.... Held back, though. Was my first time attending. Glad I did.

Wow. Where do you get your hands on Lignum Vitae? Does it grow in Australia? I thought only South America. Also on the Cites II list. Apparently the hardest and densest wood in the world. Beautiful too.

Cheers, Dom

hurcorh
11th March 2018, 10:44 PM
Wow. Where do you get your hands on Lignum Vitae? Does it grow in Australia? I thought only South America. Also on the Cites II list. Apparently the hardest and densest wood in the world. Beautiful too.

Cheers, Dom

Deceased estate. Only one piece. I have no use for it and saw HNT used it for some spokeshaves and figured they'd make better use of it than I.

shanesmith80
12th March 2018, 01:18 PM
Home after a great weekend visiting the Lost Trades Fair.
Thanks to Fletty and Fencefurniture for a great weekend.
Thought the show had really improved on organisation from last year and was once again great to see skilled craftsman willing to show and share how they apply their trade.
Was also good to meet some forumites again, Doug3030 and Christos. And some for the first time Redbog and RayG. Although I must say I'm am still quite envious of RayG's sheds. And still in awe of that Granite slab.

My only regret for the whole weekend was not getting to see more of Benalla. (Some will understand).

cheers
Shane

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 03:56 PM
Well what a hoot of a weekend! Shane & fletty were great company as always. We managed to pack an extraordinary amount into a few days, whilst admirably restricting ourselves to one Pub per day....but for varying lengths of time. Very fortunately, and despite enormous pressure from the back seat, we managed to avoid Benalla....twice.

Great to catch up with Christos on Friday, the Rutherglen winemakers, and then to our AirBNB destination in Bendigo. That was about as close as we could get as we booked rather late (Shane & I could see possibles dropping off during our chat as they were booked).

On the way to our destination in Quarry Hill (Bendigo) we passed a spectacular example of Federation splendour which was just glowing in the late light. By this time I was driving, so ....heavy application of brakes and swerving to park......
431585 431586

That is a Guesthouse but I forgot to write down the name.

It was only 45 minutes south to Kyneton on Saddy morning, easy to park about 2 mins walk to the gate, a short wait and then in we were with our pre-printed tickets. Bit of a chat to Terry & Colen, quick look at the Gunsmith who apparently doesn't reveal his Browning Solution techniques especially to passing riff raff like me, and a short chat with the guy who was painting backdrops and wood patterns.

Out in the main area there were all sorts of things going on, including, bugger me,

Blacksmithing
(one of two)

A Cooper, and a guy planing (dunno what they were making)

431588 431589

The Pole Lathe Guy (TPLG)

431590 431591

and The Plastering Guy (TPG)

What was excellent to see was the young age of a great many of the Trades People, and also the attendees.

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 04:31 PM
The Wheelwrights had a very large crowd around them. They had an Ironbark Bark fire going to heat the rim (see Doug's pic earlier). That heats up the rim to cherry red and expands it about 5-6mm so it can slip over the wooden wheel. Then carry it back to the wheel,

431596 drop it over, and quench to shrink it on. 431597

So all the trades were great to see, but the absolute highlight for me was the Kyneton Street Band. I heard some salsa in the background, and that's always going to grab me. As their tractor beam reeled me in I realised that they weren't on stage but actually out at large in the crowd. So I spent about 20 minutes hanging around them before the French Polishing demo.

431593 431594 431595

And, yup, that's a pair of dunny bowl brushes being used as drumsticks.

Sunday we dropped in on RayG to see his unbelievable shed(s). I had been there before four years ago, and figured that fletty & Shane would get a real kick out of the whole RayG experience. What I hadn't thought about was the electrical connection between fletty and Ray, and they very quickly sparked off a discussion that at times seemed to be coming from another planet, but I got the gist of some of it....:C

In fact, so amped up was their discussion that they had to keep some distance apart to avoid shorting each other.

Now see that large black table between and behind them? That's Ray's third Granite Reference Block which is 1800 x 1200 x 250mm......and it's flat to within one thou over the whole surface.

Then off to the Shepparton Wood Show 5 minutes away (picture 40 people in green t-shirts and lots of timber items for sale) where there were some excellent working models of Paddle Steamers.

Ray then very kindly took us to lunch at his favourite cafe, so thanks very much all round Ray, it was a thoroughly enjoyable visit as always! :2tsup:

Before we left for the Show Ray asked who would like some Walnut logs. At first we all said we probably wouldn't use them and Ray seemed to be disappointed that he was unable to shift a few off the property. He did some electronics work for a mate who paid him in Walnut logs from his orchard, and Ray prolly won't use them either, you see. Then I realised that I could give a couple to Skew_ChiDAMN!! who has just turned up some feet for my son's table, so I can pay it forward to Skew.

Of course this means that Ray has not done too well out of this chain transaction. All he's done is store a trip hazard for a few months, which is now slightly reduced in size. The answer of course is that maybe Skew can turn a small bowl for Ray out of the Walnut. The logs are 700 x 180 and 1000 x 200 (tapering down slightly) including the bark.

Maybe fletty might be able get a pic of them to post (seeings how I forgot to this morning)?

Chesand
12th March 2018, 04:37 PM
I think the "guy planing" was building a double hung window frame using hand tools only.

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 04:46 PM
..seven of us went to one of the pubs in Kyneton for some afternoon refreshments.

We spent a couple of hours telling tales and having fun. and spilling beer and queuing up again to get another serve of attitude

I would like to thank Fletty, Fencefurniture and Shanesmith80 for driving down from Sydney for the event and being great company on the day along with it. :2tsup:Aww shucks Doug. It was great to catch up with you and Jools, Simplicity (briefly), Redbog and Sandra. We missed hurcorh, Dale, Dom, Tom, kuffy (but he was off looking for blacksmiths I think), and a few others that I haven't had a lot of interaction with.

doug3030
12th March 2018, 04:50 PM
Before we left for the Show Ray asked who would like some Walnut logs. At first we all said we probably wouldn't use them and Ray seemed to be disappointed that he was unable to shift a few off the property. He did some electronics work for a mate who paid him in Walnut logs from his orchard, and Ray prolly won't use them either, you see.

This is why if ever I am "shed-touring" I always have a few boards/small logs in the back of the ute somewhere to use for a trade or a gift to a deserving host or whatever. It comes in handy more often than most people would think.

Simplicity
12th March 2018, 05:34 PM
Aww shucks Doug. It was great to catch up with you and Jools, Simplicity (briefly), Redbog and Sandra. We missed hurcorh, Dale, Dom, Tom, kuffy (but he was off looking for blacksmiths I think), and a few others that I haven't had a lot of interaction with.

Brett.
As always a great write up review .
Apologies for the brief catch up I think what 1 1/2 min max[emoji849].
We had intended to hit the pub and I wasn't even driving ,well I wanted too hit the pub that's is lol but well things just didn't pan out that way.
I'm hoping we get to see you next year same bad Chanel if not sooner.

Cheers Matt.

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 06:10 PM
No prob Matt - ill people have to be looked after.

fletty
12th March 2018, 06:28 PM
I think the "guy planing" was building a double hung window frame using hand tools only.

431611 431613

...... yes and it was a joy to watch

Pac man
12th March 2018, 06:38 PM
The Pole Lathe Guy (TPLG)

431590 431591

TPLG aka Jeff Donne aka the Spoonsmith

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 07:09 PM
I think the "guy planing" was double hung Has Jacquie Lambie got his email address?

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 07:28 PM
The answer of course is that maybe Skew can turn a small bowl for Ray out of the Walnut.Ray, Skew has accepted the challenge.

The logs are currently at fletty's (coz I wasn't going to carry them on 2½ hours worth of 4 trains :D). They'll wind their way up here when either fletty comes up to see his sister, or maybe Tony finds himself around Camden town, or summink else. I will be at fletty's place with a vehicle fairly soon I expect, but there's a slight problem. Lola has purchased a new (to her) car, and ahhh, timber is only allowed in it by stealth, which can be read as "Walnut in car means Mynutz in vise".

I suppose I could wrap at least one log in two towels and deliver them straight to Skew and nobody would know the difference? As long as my mates all swore to silence, of course.....

Chesand
12th March 2018, 07:35 PM
Sorry I did not get to catch up with you guys. We probably passed one another at some stage during the morning without knowing it.
Up until Friday night, I was intending to go to Bendigo on the Saturday and Kyneton on Sunday but a broken tooth changed that as I was able to get an appointment on the Sat afternoon to have it fixed
Glad you had a great weekend down here

RayG
12th March 2018, 07:45 PM
Hi Brett, It was a pleasure having yourself, Alan and Shane for a visit yesterday, having cleaned up the workshop for the visit, now I can't find anything :) but it's nice having a bit of clean benchtop space for a change.

Thanks for the pictures of the Kyneton show, it looks like it would be well worth a trip. In any event I think everyone needs to try a tumeric almond milk latte at least once.

Good news about the walnut, tell Skew I've got some more if he wants.

Thanks for taking the time to drop in, we should do it again.

Ray

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I looked it up. Yes, it's a real thing. Turmeric Almond Milk Latte — balance with b (http://www.balancewithb.com/recipe-box/2017/2/7/turmeric-almond-milk-latte)

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 08:11 PM
I'm hoping we get to see you next year same bad Chanel if not sooner.Well I think we three will certainly be there next year, and there were a few that would liked to have gone but we started planning it a little bit late to account for previous engagements.

What with Ironfest, Wooddust, Woolongong Show, Sturt weekend......I think I'm going to have to write a program to keep track of it all and who wants to go to what.....:D

There are even dedicated Spoon Carving weekends, but if Pac Man thinks I'm going to go over to the darkest of dark and have Pen Turners look down on me..... well.....think again buddy.....

So I suppose I should ask what Walnut is like for Spoon Carving (I know of a secret stash)?

doug3030
12th March 2018, 08:16 PM
Has Jacquie Lambie got his email address?

I don't know if she has his email address but she has mine :2tsup: :cool: :D

(When she was a Senator she was very helpful if when dealing with DVA)

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 08:18 PM
.....having cleaned up the workshop for the visit.....Now I just want to say that this had nothing to do with me. Just because I vacced fletty's shed floor before we left ("go and play in the shed" he said, so I did) doesn't necessarily mean that fletty forewarned Ray.

FenceFurniture
12th March 2018, 08:28 PM
So I suppose I should ask what Walnut is like for Spoon Carving (I know of a secret stash)?Oh gawd, what have I done? I should have kept it on the QT, by PM. Now Pac Man (and I am only too happy to out him) wants to know if Ray's Walnut is green or dry, so it would seem that Spoon Carvers want green timber. Ray, when did that tree come down do you know? Is your grasp of Albanian good enough to figure it out?

And I suppose what would follow from that is does your mate need some more Electronics done, payable with Green Walnut to you, and several carved spoons for your wife? :D

Simplicity
12th March 2018, 08:53 PM
Well I think we three will certainly be there next year, and there were a few that would liked to have gone but we started planning it a little bit late to account for previous engagements.

What with Ironfest, Wooddust, Woolongong Show, Sturt weekend......I think I'm going to have to write a program to keep track of it all and who wants to go to what.....:D

There are even dedicated Spoon Carving weekends, but if Pac Man thinks I'm going to go over to the darkest of dark and have Pen Turners look down on me..... well.....think again buddy.....

So I suppose I should ask what Walnut is like for Spoon Carving (I know of a secret stash)?

Your talking spread sheets again, ain't you [emoji849][emoji849]

RayG
12th March 2018, 09:06 PM
Oh gawd, what have I done? I should have kept it on the QT, by PM. Now Pac Man (and I am only too happy to out him) wants to know if Ray's Walnut is green or dry, so it would seem that Spoon Carvers want green timber. Ray, when did that tree come down do you know? Is your grasp of Albanian good enough to figure it out?

And I suppose what would follow from that is does your mate need some more Electronics done, payable with Green Walnut to you, and several carved spoons for your wife? :D

I don't know when it was cut, but the guy only dropped it off here a few weeks ago, and the ends are already checked, so at a guess, I would think it was cut more than 12 months ago, but with the bark still on it should still be fairly green in the middle section.

My Albanian is about as fluent as my Mandarin. Not good.

If I can find my moisture meter, ( don't ask) I'll do a quick check around the middle of the log.

clear out
12th March 2018, 09:19 PM
The guy planing was Matty, posts on here under L S Barker.
Hand made windows and doors from recycled Oregon.
We drove down from Sydney via Beechworth where we did the rail trail into Wangy.
We braved the Melbourne traffic to visit a wrecker with a T600 like mine and he passed us onto his mate at Mazda Australia who signed us in and showed us around their collection including another T600.
Three days in Castlemaine with a mate from Tas and another from Bathurst, Kyneton on Saturday and then down to another rail trail near Smythesdale.
Off to the coast then driving over to SA for a week on the Murray with 8 others starting next Saturday.
Life’s hard when you’re retired.
H

RayG
13th March 2018, 12:40 PM
I did a rough check on the moisture level in the middle of that walnut log, and it's over 24%, my meter only goes from 5% to 24% and it's maxed out.

I think it could be worth a try at spoon carving, and see if it's any good.

Walnut generally carves well, and really holds fine detail well because of the grain structure. Whether that's an advantage or not for spoon carving I don't know.

hurcorh
13th March 2018, 05:01 PM
Got some film developed today. Have more photos but not posting them sideways here and still haven't figured out re-aligning photos on this forum....

aldav
13th March 2018, 06:02 PM
The wheelwright is Kerry Riehl from Toowoomba. One of the guy's helping him is a member on here, Shiggy. I suggested to him that he might like to make himself known to some of you guy's, but from the look of the photo's Kerry kept him pretty busy. :rolleyes:

It certainly sounds like arriving early is the go, I'll keep that in mind for next year. :2tsup:

FenceFurniture
13th March 2018, 06:15 PM
It certainly sounds like arriving early is the go, I'll keep that in mind for next year. :2tsup:Prepaid - early - cash on hand.

FenceFurniture
14th March 2018, 08:43 PM
I will be at fletty's place with a vehicle fairly soon I expect, but there's a slight problem. Lola has purchased a new (to her) car, and ahhh, timber is only allowed in it by stealth, which can be read as "Walnut in car means Mynutz in vise".

I suppose I could wrap at least one log in two towels and deliver them straight to Skew and nobody would know the difference? As long as my mates all swore to silence, of course.....Heh heh, mission accomplished :D

Wrapped each log in a towel, put them on a bottom sheet (with elastic), and enclosed. Not even a whisper of Walnut in the car! :2tsup:

However......I put another box of turned feet on the back seat and the bloody tape came off, leaving Redgum splinters all over the seat. :doh::B:doh:

"Nay worries" says fletty, "would you like a battery vac?"
"Nah mate, but thanks - I have one at home" (because the car was going to be taken out be you-know-who almost immediately).

Small problem - it had been unplugged 18 months ago when a new stove was installed (and the power point was needed for the ignition switches). :doh::doh::doh:

Had to brush them off onto the floor, which of course resulted in painful splinters. :~

Anyhoo, it would seem that I have gotten away with it. :2tsup:

pmcgee
16th March 2018, 01:18 PM
Heh heh, mission accomplished :D

Anyhoo, it would seem that I have gotten away with it. :2tsup:
It's endearing that you think that's a possibility. ;)
Paul

FenceFurniture
16th March 2018, 03:08 PM
Not just a possibility - 48 hours later and no mention.......

DomAU
16th March 2018, 08:47 PM
Have more photos but not posting them sideways here and still haven't figured out re-aligning photos on this forum....

I think you are better off putting all that research into a cure for cancer... more chance of success as well ;)

Cheers,

Dom

FenceFurniture
16th March 2018, 08:54 PM
Have more photos but not posting them sideways here and still haven't figured out re-aligning photos on this forum....If you Photoshop or similar, then "Rotate Canvas" 90° and save. If they are viewing properly without doing that (in Picture viewer) then you might want to save a copy for rotation.

A few years ago vBulletin decided to ignore the Metadata stored with each pic, which tells the Forum which way they really are. Smart move eh?

Simplicity
16th March 2018, 10:41 PM

Except that a whole load of peoples have excellent black mail material lol

Christos
17th March 2018, 07:51 AM
Except that a whole load of peoples have excellent black mail material lol

Useless.

What could Brett possibility have that you want to blackmail him for? :no:
A dust free work space? :rolleyes:
I know a broom.....:o

pmcgee
18th March 2018, 01:10 PM
You know - people are still digging up bombs from WW2 ... just sayin'.
:D
Paul

doug3030
18th March 2018, 01:19 PM
You know - people are still digging up bombs from WW2 ... just sayin'. :D

In my experience when women find themselves in an untenable position they become historical - they bring up the past. :rolleyes:

Brett, five years from now when you call her out on something she will come back with the exact date that you put the two walnut logs in her car. :~