PDA

View Full Version : A collaborative approach

Willy Nelson
21st March 2018, 09:42 PM
Good evening ladies and gentlemen
As you may have seen lately, my daughter and I have been collaborating on a number of items. She has now done pyrography dragonflies, geckos, snakes and now this lobster, on a lovely piece of stinky Eastern states Camphor Laurel, see attached photo.

Now a good friend (John Scarfe) has jumped on the pyrography, I turned a piece of spotted gum, he did the tree. Then Bec and I told him it looked crap, add some foliage, he added foliage. We then told him, add more, he whinged that the pyrography had taken 3.5 hours so far!

I reckon the result is superb.
Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

Christos
23rd March 2018, 06:10 AM
I have not done pyrography only watch a few people doing this and it can take an incredible amount of time depending on the amount of details. Personally I like to see less of the detail as I think this allows more for the imagination to fill in the gaps. I don't think a tree is the best subject matter to lack some detail but that being said maybe next time not have the tree fully enclosed in the frame.

I think he has done an excellent job to giving this tree some life. :2tsup:

artme
23rd March 2018, 06:03 PM
Good looking stuphph Will!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

These collaborative efforts could go places!.

Have not done any Pyrography yet and do not know if I ever will.

Mike Tilley
26th March 2018, 11:35 AM
Looks good I would keep the partnership going

Willy Nelson
27th March 2018, 01:29 AM
Hello Mike (from Illinois)
Ironically, both myself and John have served in your area, Great Lakes Naval Base. I did missiles and John did Gas turbines.
He is a great mate, and of course we will do more.
We have been friends since about 1985.
Good to see more input from overseas turners
Sincerely
Willy

Mike Tilley
10th April 2018, 12:32 PM
Hi Willy
i to spent a little time at Great Lakes boot camp and electrician a school.
of course that was a long time ago