PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Paint job

Dalboy
2nd July 2018, 06:30 AM
Another experiment that went wrong but the wife liked it so I completed it. As you can see the paint shrank back leaving what appears to be cracks. Somehow the more I look at it the more I like it. It is 10 1/2" X 2" and I believe it is lime.

Christos
2nd July 2018, 08:11 AM
From this angle the paint looks to be pretty thick. The colour that is on display is quite stunning.

Dalboy
2nd July 2018, 08:44 AM
The paint is not as thick as it looks as I turned a little away at the edge to clean up and then used black paint and a brush to touch up the edges boy did that test my eyes:D

crowie
2nd July 2018, 09:59 AM
Another top experiment that has turned out pretty good Derek...:2tsup:
Remember, happy wife, happy life :U and beautiful is in the eye of the purchaser :; ....
Cheers, Peter

smiife
2nd July 2018, 08:47 PM
Hi dalboy , very nice job , looks like lightening around the edge:2tsup:

mick661
2nd July 2018, 09:31 PM
I like it WOOD ART. Can i give you a tip if you do the painting while the piece is still in a Chuck etc. You can paint outside the lines so to speak when all dry turn a bead at the edge of the bowl perfect clean transition.
Cheers mick

Dalboy
2nd July 2018, 10:14 PM
I like it WOOD ART. Can i give you a tip if you do the painting while the piece is still in a Chuck etc. You can paint outside the lines so to speak when all dry turn a bead at the edge of the bowl perfect clean transition.
Cheers mick

I normally do that but in this case due to the technique I had to remove the piece from the chuck paint it and then remount it after it was dry to clean up the outside as well as turn the bowl section.

But thank you all the same. I am always trying new ideas many of them can be seen HERE (https://www.facebook.com/DLWoodart/?ref=bookmarks)

Nubsnstubs
3rd July 2018, 12:44 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that piece. You should be proud of it as it looks like you are accepting the results of a well finished turning. ............... Jerry (in Tucson) USA

Dalboy
3rd July 2018, 04:31 AM
Thank you to all that commented I bet that if I tried I could not replicate this again

Keith_1
8th July 2018, 09:05 AM
I really like it Derek - Top job as always - very skillful :2tsup:

Regards

Keith