PDA

View Full Version : Awtex best in show winner 2018

mick661
2nd July 2018, 11:54 PM
Brendan Stemp well done.
P.S. if anyone has a picture from the other side of the box could they please post on this thread.
Cheers Mick

Optimark
3rd July 2018, 04:26 PM
Bit hard to tell, but I think this is the other side.

Mick.

mick661
3rd July 2018, 05:02 PM
Right side need a horizontal horizon6pic to show the different timber.
Cheers mick

dai sensei
3rd July 2018, 06:50 PM
Ok I didn't realise Brendan won best in show, I thought Hughie won't it with his carved and turned piece.

Well done Brendan :2tsup:

smiife
3rd July 2018, 08:56 PM
Brendan Stemp well done.
P.S. if anyone has a picture from the other side of the box could they please post on this thread.
Cheers Mick

Thanks Mick , well done Brendon ......:2tsup:

NeilS
4th July 2018, 10:55 AM
Ok I didn't realise Brendan won best in show, I thought Hughie won't it with his carved and turned piece.

Hughie's piece came first in one of the section, Brendan's was overall best in Show for 2018. Hughie gets another chance at that next year!

That piece of Brendan's is at an international standard and could take out best in show anywhere in the world. We are very fortunate to have turners of this high standard here in Australia.

Congratulations Brendan.

artful bodger
4th July 2018, 09:27 PM
Hughie's piece came first in one of the section, Brendan's was overall best in Show for 2018. Hughie gets another chance at that next year!

That piece of Brendan's is at an international standard and could take out best in show anywhere in the world. We are very fortunate to have turners of this high standard here in Australia.

Congratulations Brendan.

Yes It is a wonderful piece. It would be nice to know where the inspiration for such an item came from (hint,hint Brendan). It looks like no turning I have seen before.