PDA

View Full Version : Important Poll

Grunt
7th October 2005, 09:57 PM
With Bathurst this weekend I thought it was important to know which of are pansy Holden supporters.

Gumby
7th October 2005, 10:04 PM
Ford of course. Now Grunt, you should have made this a poll where we can see who posted what. (or whom posted whatever). I need to know who the cretins are around here.

PS - Phil wants a VW Kombi option :D :D

Grunt
7th October 2005, 10:06 PM
I pressed post that little bit too quick. :(

Wood Butcher
7th October 2005, 10:13 PM
Has to be Ford. Ambrose on the podium somewhere, wouldn't mind seeing Lowndes up there for once either.

DavidG
7th October 2005, 10:44 PM
Where is the button for "None of the above" or "I could not give a .." ;)

macca2
7th October 2005, 10:47 PM
The red corner will win by a knockout.

Grunt
7th October 2005, 10:51 PM
Where is the button for "None of the above" or "I could not give a .."

Yes there is. It's option number 3. Now make a decision.

:D

Gingermick
7th October 2005, 10:59 PM
Gee oh Gee Gee oh. mobile, then the Datto, then the Scooter, then my 3 year old boys puch along trike then the BMW M series then the Big red horses then .... Why do sub continent batsmen make it look so easy? They make it look effortless. One can only imagine what would happen if they had the support for youngsters that we have here.

And my poll got bleedin edited. Is this one gonna be fixed to include one that starts when you turn the key and stops when you turn it in the opposite direction and doesn't cost $100 a week to take the kids to the local school and do the shopping and doesn't stink as bad as cigarettes and poison bike riders and doesn't go fast without losing control (RWD) and the rest.:p

craigb
7th October 2005, 11:03 PM
Every year I look forward to October so that I can watch the taxi cabs drive around Mt Panorama :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ivan in Oz
7th October 2005, 11:07 PM
Where is the button for "None of the above" or "I could not give a .." ;)

Yep!
WGAF
Don't mind watching it though.

DavidG
7th October 2005, 11:12 PM
In the olden days it used to be a real race between brands.
Now it is just another souped up machine race.
Boring. http://www.ubeaut.biz/sleep1.gif

Harry72
7th October 2005, 11:27 PM
Gotta agree with you there Dave... they are not really holdens and fords anymore but completely purpose built cars.
How many parts other than some body panels do you think are factory parts... zero.
But they are supercars not production cars... holden and ford dont like being shamed by nissan and tojo !(and keep the bogans happy)

Anyway you can see my loyalty in my avatar!

E. maculata
7th October 2005, 11:38 PM
Like Harry said, couldn't win so they changed the rules to stop all the better cars even competeing.
Lost all interest in this sham class of racing when Jimmy was heckled by the wackos at the mountain in his three wheeler godzilla.
Go the Sierra's......remember even Brocky used to drive one ;)

Kev Y.
8th October 2005, 04:21 AM
I dont care what "MAKE" of car wins, as long as I get to see the grid girls close up :rolleyes:

I was actually thinking today that the only difference between the "FORD" cars and the "GMH" cars is the body shell. Neither runs the stock standard off of the factory floor motor, none of the brake/clutch or drive train components could be found at MY local service centre. Now I even doubt that the bodies are even the common factory produced items.

Still it is a way to pass the wet cold sundays when the wood working show is not on ;)

Zed
8th October 2005, 09:18 AM
I didnt care who wins so long as someone crashes.
followng historical precident the holdens will win, however the fords will lead then break down, lose a tyre or suck plastic thru the air intake and overheat.

fords well and truly suck anyway.... everone knows that.

PS real men drive toyota 4x4's

Iain
8th October 2005, 09:21 AM
Just like Pajero's claim to win the Paris to Dakar, I'd like to see that in a stock standard unit, anyway my M5 will crap on anything Ford or GM has to offer :D :D :D

Rowan
8th October 2005, 10:00 AM
and the cars keep going round and round and firetrucking round, may as well watch the lathe, if done right (or wrong) there can be just as many accidents :D :D and some could be very spectacular!!! :eek:

Robert WA
8th October 2005, 03:15 PM
I am in the "Who Gives a Toss" section. They are not "cars" like the Holdens and Fords any of us will ever drive.
I drive a VW diesel. It may not be as quick, but it would do the whole race on one tank of fuel.

knucklehead
8th October 2005, 05:53 PM
Hey Grunt the poll shoud be

a. Holden
b. Ford
c. cars going round in circles is mind numbingly dull

Put me down for C.

Ianab
8th October 2005, 06:25 PM
Now back in the good ole days Peter Brock DROVE his Torana XU1 500 miles to Bathust to run the engine in before the race.. changed the wheels.. and WON.

Now.. well it's a lot of cars driving round a track...

I'll still watch it anyway :D

Ian

AlexS
8th October 2005, 11:12 PM
About as exciting as watching the numbers going round on the petrol bowser :(

Grunt
8th October 2005, 11:15 PM
About as exciting as watching the numbers going round on the petrol bowser

The way things are at the moment the numbers on the browser go faster.

Auld Bassoon
8th October 2005, 11:27 PM
So, my question is: where's Audi, BMW or Mercedes?

C'mon - get real!http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

In any case, we all know the winner will be Chevrolet!http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cheers!

Harry72
8th October 2005, 11:58 PM
anyway my M5 will crap on anything Ford or GM has to offer :D :D :D

Ok wana try against a GT40(I'll have a blue one with white cobra stripes thanks)?

Iain
9th October 2005, 03:22 PM
For a 5 seater family car, yep, 0-100 4.3 secs with traction control etc etc etc etc.....................

Ashore
9th October 2005, 05:47 PM
Holden And Skaife again
7 yrs in a row for holden
Ford fails again

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Zed
9th October 2005, 06:57 PM
I didnt care who wins so long as someone crashes.
followng historical precident the holdens will win, however the fords will lead then break down, lose a tyre or suck plastic thru the air intake and overheat.

fords well and truly suck anyway.... everone knows that.

I sit here humbly smug - again I predicted the future.. if ony it worked with lotto!

outback
9th October 2005, 07:45 PM
This is the first time I've bothered readin this thread. I reckon car racing is as boring as whale ****.

But I gotta admit, Zed has some strange power. I feel an overwheliming urge to give him a greenie. I will try to overcome this and make it red.

DavidG
9th October 2005, 08:22 PM
http://www.ubeaut.biz/throwup.gif

Harry72
10th October 2005, 09:36 AM
Dam you Zed puttin the bad Karma on fords... Im gunna write a letter to them and say its all your fault!

Waldo
10th October 2005, 12:57 PM
G'day,

I drive a blue oval '93 XR6 so Ford of course. :cool:

Damn Murphy shunting and ramming Ambrose like that, strueth! :mad:

And i was keen to see a shot of Skaife get out of the car and pull off his helmet to confirm or deny if he had his white thing (damn brain isn't working) on. But no, it's a conspiracy I tell you no shot of Skaife getting out of his car - if it wasn't on I would've like to see his 1st place stripped - damn Nazi officials. :mad:

Ashore
10th October 2005, 01:09 PM
Nazi officials , bit strong Waldo, but then you are on the beaten side , as you have been for the last .....what 7 years.... http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif
The officials were just setting a good example for all of us
"Cheaters Don't Win"
Just because the holden drivers don't need to break the rules to win , being in a better more reliable car and all , no need to blame the officials for doing their job

Great Race and Great Cricket , Bad shed day didn't even open the door.

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Ashore