PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy fume extractor fans?

gvz
10th October 2005, 11:55 AM
Hi, this may be a bit off topic, but this was the only Australian based forum I could find that deals with these sort of matters.

I'm building a spray booth for painting models, and I would like a fairly decent fan to vent the fumes outside. I came across this

http://www.fumeanddust.com.au/fans.asp

and after checking Bunnings, I'm guessing 'normal' home improvement stores don't sell them. Could anyone tell where I could get these type of fans (in Melb preferbly) or online (Australian based)?

Thanks

Brett C
13th October 2005, 09:57 AM
Have a chat with the people at Fans Direct in Chelsea Heights 1300 733 833, they have a web site but you need to know what you want. I recently built an extraction system for a range hood with one of their fans (Tim the tool man would be proud). They were very helpfull

Brett

soundman
13th October 2005, 11:34 PM
For small stuff you might look at bilge ventilator fans from your local marine supplier.
the have to be spark surpressed because of the petrol fumes possible in the bilge.
I'm considering the same myself.
some of the cheaper plastic bodied bilge fans go under $100. & seem to shift a reasonable amount of air & mate up with 100mm pipe.
Also 12V dc so unlicenced wiring isn't a problem.
cheers

bsrlee
14th October 2005, 01:41 AM
Ring around the Auto spray painting suppliers & ask them who to look at for spray booth extractor fans.

Mate just picked one up, along with a big walk-in spray booth for the effort of taking it away when a local furniture manufactuer moved to smaller premises.

If you are talking model railway/model aircraft in the 1/72 range, MicroMark in the USA made a modellers down draft spray booth last time I looked in their catalog.

Don Nethercott
17th October 2005, 11:00 PM
My wife does lampwork (making glass beads using a gas torch) and has a lot of fumes to get rid of.
I bought a small dust extractor from Carba-Tec (1hp economy - a portable job). I connected it up with 100mm PVC pipe. It works like a charm.

Don't know about flammable materials being sucked up it though.

Don