PDA

View Full Version : Steak Branding Irons - Need Supplier Of Wooden Handles

lal19541
11th October 2005, 06:52 AM
Hello

I am looking for a source to purchase the wooden handles for some branding irons that we make. You can view the handle that I am talking about at http://steakbrands.com/proddetail.php?prod=MonoGram .

We would be looking to have them about 13 inches long with the wooden handle making up about 3 or 4 inches of that handle & shaft.

This will be a job that will be ongoing so this isn't just for 1 or two handles. We will need an ongoing supplier.
If you can do this or if you know of a company that can do this please let me know because I've been looking for quite some time.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

Christopha
11th October 2005, 03:26 PM
And precisely which part of the boat does this here "Brandi iron" thingy fit me old mate? Would it be for up in the tops'ls? In the bilge? Or could it posibly be that you can't read proper when pickin yer post ye scurvy bilgerat?

Ausworkshop
11th October 2005, 09:42 PM
And precisely which part of the boat does this here "Brandi iron" thingy fit me old mate? Would it be for up in the tops'ls? In the bilge? Or could it posibly be that you can't read proper when pickin yer post ye scurvy bilgerat?

Ha Ha..................You tell em :rolleyes:

Sturdee
11th October 2005, 10:43 PM

That's simple Christopha, he uses the branding iron to burn the name on the boat instead of painting it. :D :D I thought all you boaties would know that. :D :D

Peter.

echnidna
11th October 2005, 11:27 PM
He does get a wee trifle testy when yer post off topic in the boat thread don't he. :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

barnsey
12th October 2005, 04:52 AM
Hello

I am looking for a source to purchase the wooden handles for some branding irons that we make. You can view the handle that I am talking about at http://steakbrands.com/proddetail.php?prod=MonoGram .

We would be looking to have them about 13 inches long with the wooden handle making up about 3 or 4 inches of that handle & shaft.

This will be a job that will be ongoing so this isn't just for 1 or two handles. We will need an ongoing supplier.
If you can do this or if you know of a company that can do this please let me know because I've been looking for quite some time.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I guess you've worked out that you posted on an aussie forum and got some rather flippant responses so far but if you want handles, how many per month and what are you prepared to pay for good old Aussie hardwood handles? Remember freight will add to the bill.

Jamie

Daddles
12th October 2005, 11:41 AM
Oi Jamie, you're off topic too :mad: :mad:

sic him Christopha, sic him :mad:

Richard

(have we made the point yet? :D )

and Peter, if I ever catch you branding a boat's bum I'll ... I'll ... oh, I dunno, discuss it over a beer at the pub, help you drag the boat into the water so we can go fishing, go nick Christopha's scotch reserves ...

barnsey
12th October 2005, 03:43 PM
Sorry guys

Daddles can I come too - love fishin for scotch :D

I know it was off topic , I was just tryin to see if I could win some Seppo cash :o :o

Dave - let me know where you are reposting or PM me and we'll sort out this rather disasterous episode quietly ;)

Jamie

Sturdee
12th October 2005, 06:10 PM
and Peter, if I ever catch you branding a boat's bum I'll ... I'll ... oh, I dunno, discuss it over a beer at the pub, help you drag the boat into the water so we can go fishing, go nick Christopha's scotch reserves ...

Looking forward to it :D but alas my boating days are over.

Used to travel along the Murray between Mildura and Goolwa by speedboat and camp along the riverbank for holidays. Used to know every speedboat motor mechanic and pub along the river. Great times but now way too expensive.

Peter.

ernknot
12th October 2005, 07:49 PM
Get one of those NZ piddle steemers.

Jeff
19th October 2005, 04:50 AM
If you are still looking for handles email me at: [email protected]

I do production turning work and in Washington State.