PDA

View Full Version : trialer dual wheels

glenn k
18th September 2018, 11:08 AM
I though there was a trailer forum here. Well I want to make a mulch spreader with dual wheels so I can alter the width for narrow rows and at times make it more stable and spread weight for soft ground.
I need to be able to remove outer wheels. The wheels need to be closer together so I can't use a diff. Does any one know of dual wheels that can bolt onto a hub? Preferably not large truck wheels.
I was thinking I could alter hubs to fit wheels as it is not for high speed.

Chris Parks
18th September 2018, 11:32 AM
Wheels from an old Mazda T series truck might be regarded as small but I don't know their size. I seem to remember that some of the Mazda vans might have had dual wheels as well but I might be wrong there.

KBs PensNmore
19th September 2018, 12:25 AM
Chris is right about the Mazda vans having dual wheels, also the small Bedford van and the traytop derivative, you'll also find that the Fiat Ducato I think is is, has them, usually seen under some motorhomes.
You'll also find them under some of the Ford Vans , Dual rear wheel cab chassis or the jumbo body version.
Have attached a link below for identification,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/urangan/wheels-tyres-rims/wheel-rim-ford-transit-vm-series-2006-with-dual-rear-wheels/1099417863
The trailer section forum is in the Metalwork Forum.
Hope this helps,
Kryn

glenn k
20th September 2018, 04:11 PM
Do you know of a hub that would take any of these wheels?

Chris Parks
21st September 2018, 01:37 PM
They would be fully floating hubs. Being for off road, slow speed use innovation with a welder, some tube or solid bar for an axle or perhaps use the whole diff tube without the centre would be expected.

glenn k
21st September 2018, 03:24 PM
I have been offered J series Bedford hubs and they can take 16" duals just have to find rims and stud nuts and nuts.