PDA

View Full Version : Verandah over the Tool Shed

craigb
14th October 2005, 08:47 PM
Do you have a verandah over your tool shed?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th October 2005, 09:20 PM
It's more fun trying to put an awning over the playpen anyway.

Bodgy
14th October 2005, 11:11 PM
I have a patio. Its concrete 1x2 metres and represents the only flat, square and level surface outside the house.

Driver
14th October 2005, 11:31 PM
I don't even have a tool shed. I have a big tool locker at one end of the patio - which, suitably cluttered up with woodworking gear, becomes a sort of outdoor workshop. :)

Ashore
15th October 2005, 12:44 PM
Yes too much good food and wine , but i'm going bace to the gym so in a couple of months it should only be an awning

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Ashore

glock40sw
15th October 2005, 09:12 PM
I don't Need to Stinking Verandah..

I got a 7x9x3 Metre high shed with a 7x6x3 metre high Carport at the front.
Funnily enough, I'm still running out of room in the shed.
I'm thinking of enclosing the carport section.

The shed already has a crapper (with library) and hand basin.
also, a fridge and electric jug live in the shed.
10 & 15amp Single phase and 15 amp 3 phase power.

Hooroo.
Etc etc etc

zenwood
16th October 2005, 12:52 AM
I voted "What the hell are you talking about" because I thought "Why the hell is this poll in the closed forum?" I must be too thick for the pun.

rick_rine
16th October 2005, 01:11 AM
I voted what the hell are you talking about beacause I dont understand what the hell you are talking about .
Why would you build a veranda over a ( Brag )hundred square meter workshop . Where would you put it , on the roof ?

E. maculata
16th October 2005, 01:28 AM
I'll quote SWMBO from not too long ago,
"I married a musclebound good lookin young bloke with a sixpack, a smile and a quickwit, so why is there a bald, grumpy, bloke with a belly lyin' beside me in bed?" my very stupid reply was "I sorta remember marrying a little blond didn't I?"

So Yep I guess there's a veranda there these days, but one of these days you mark my words......................

bitingmidge
16th October 2005, 01:32 AM
Bruce,
Why aren't you in bed, it's 12.30am for crying out loud.

Been playing with the tools?

P
:D :D :D

rick_rine
16th October 2005, 01:34 AM
well if your talking about a beer belly then I have to change my reply to yes .
Really weird . Singlr for 38 years always the same weight . Married then put on a kilo a month for 20 months .
Yes I have a verandah over the tool shed .

E. maculata
16th October 2005, 01:54 AM
Bruce,
Why aren't you in bed, it's 12.30am for crying out loud.

Been playing with the tools?

P
:D :D :D

I wish,
been out all day playin at earthmoving, sore muscles, sunburnt, now restless can't wait for tomorrow, doin it all again :D

Driver
16th October 2005, 10:54 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jeez, I missed it didn't I?
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Skew ChiDAMN!!
19th October 2005, 10:36 PM
It's not what's in the tool-shed (or locker :D ) it's how you use it.

Yeah, right. ;)

macca2
19th October 2005, 10:41 PM
I voted yes, but only because I know you can't drive a 4" nail with a tack hammer.

RufflyRustic
19th October 2005, 10:46 PM
I have one, it keeps me awake every night - you know, the old steam train running through the house:rolleyes: . I also am planning my own :D

cheers
RR

TEEJAY
19th October 2005, 11:01 PM
Well I said have to build one soon cuz I have a 3.5x6m shed but it's full of machines/tools/benches and wood.

So when I build the awning I can move the hoarded timber outside under cover and find some floor space to move.

I want an awning bigger than the shed too. Shed isn't big enough don't want to make the same mistake with the awning.
Cheers

Sturdee
19th October 2005, 11:14 PM
Why would you want a verandah over the shed. :confused: Hasn't your shed got a roof?

Peter.

rick_rine
19th October 2005, 11:20 PM
Why would you want a verandah over the shed. :confused: Hasn't your shed got a roof?

Peter.

Glad I'm not the only naive one on this forum .

Ashore
19th October 2005, 11:33 PM
My God craig you'rd think after 5 days and 28 replys that the light would go on
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Ashore

Waldo
20th October 2005, 12:19 PM
G'day,

Nah, some blokes mightn't have a light in their shed, just 4 walls and nothing up top. :D

Mine is under construction, don't know when it'll be finished. It's one job that SWMBO keeps compalining about.

Landseka
20th October 2005, 02:48 PM
I too have a verandah over MY tool shed, but then I never put my tools away where they belong when I finish using them so more often than not they are not under the cover but always ready for use! :D

Regards

Dreamer.:rolleyes:

HavinaGo
20th October 2005, 05:28 PM
OK, I may have missed a double meaning .. However sticking with my initial interpretation ... My workshop, part of the 6mx4m lined shed, has a veranda along the 6 meter side over the entrance door .. think old style railway station cantilevered style. Very useful for

a) not getting wet when it is raining
b) the BBQ
c) welding under .. fumes and fire out of the shed, but rain does not fall on work
d) storing stuff :o

Wongo
20th October 2005, 05:40 PM
So craigb what is the plan? ;)

Auld Bassoon
20th October 2005, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=E. maculata]my very stupid reply was "I sorta remember marrying a little blond didn't I?"
QUOTE]
G'day E. Maculata!

Methinks that that one falls (deeply) into the "oops!" categoryhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cheers!

Wood Butcher
20th October 2005, 07:39 PM
I got a small verandah hanging over mine. Wouldn't mind cutting it back one day, eventually, maybe. Nah stuff it.........too much work.

normell
20th October 2005, 09:42 PM
"It may be small, but it's a pleasure to ride behind"

Normell

echnidna
20th October 2005, 10:06 PM
Yer could always put a verandah over yer sawbench like this one NEEDS (http://brownystimbersupplies.piczo.com/?cr=2&rfm=y) :D