PDA

View Full Version : Tool Rack

Dalboy
14th February 2019, 03:49 AM
I have a pile of turning tools that keep getting moved around the workshop, so I set to and made a third rack to add to the two that I already have which I keep all the most used tools in. Now that it is complete I discovered that I could now do with more wall space as I still have more in another rack which would have been nice to get on the wall with these.

Any way the rack is now in place and filled to the max already. Where do all these tools keep coming from.:U:U:U

The new rack to match the others

All three now up

And now filled to the max again

Keith_1
14th February 2019, 03:38 PM
Wow Derek,

Top stuff - you do have a lot of tools

Regards

Keith

artful bodger
14th February 2019, 07:14 PM
Nice tool rack and good thread.
It would be interesting to see other turners tool racks. There was a thread on this subject back in 2009 however all the pictures are now gone.

crowie
14th February 2019, 09:14 PM
Well organized clean shed - just what every bloke wishes he had... top job Derek, Cheers, Peter

Dalboy
15th February 2019, 01:19 AM
Thank you guys.

Just come in from finishing tidying up after yesterday. This will make it easier for me to find tools rather than rummage through a pile that was at the side of the lathe of those tools that get less use as those that fitted into just two of the racks.

Thats not all of them Keith I have others in another cabinet and this is not counting all of my other woodworking tools and machines. I think I need a bigger workshop:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Hardenfast
16th February 2019, 08:16 AM
Useful post Dalboy. Nice setup.

I too have had (and have) far too many tools of various types laying around in different containers, never being able to find what I want. Putting them into racks and/or an ordered display is a great time saver and is also visually pleasing, as well as being able to identify bits & pieces that have gone missing. Another benefit from my own perspective, as I manage to work through this process and gather items into one spot from various storage places it is amazing how many duplications of certain items I have amassed over the years, although this can sometimes be a nice problem to have.