PDA

View Full Version : Another tool handle in the making

Fumbler
3rd March 2019, 11:32 AM
Up early on a Sunday morning and after getting my lathe back all fixed I thought I'd give it a whirl and turn another handle.

this one will be a 1/2" spindle gouge.

NeilS
3rd March 2019, 06:39 PM
Candy stick handle!

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

Fumbler
3rd March 2019, 07:18 PM
Candy stick handle!

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will turn some "sweet" projects......

Fumbler
3rd March 2019, 07:21 PM
Finito,

450214 450215

smiife
3rd March 2019, 07:24 PM
Hi fumbler , very flash mate , what are fhe timbers used ?

Fumbler
3rd March 2019, 08:35 PM
Hi fumbler , very flash mate , what are fhe timbers used ?

Thanks, it's rock maple from a crate, Queensland red gum strips, from a 60yr old fence post, the guy next door to where I was staying on holidays at Scotts head was renovating. And took the fence down whilst I was there so I asked if I could have some. He said I could help myself as was only being chopped up for firewood. At the same time his son was ripping out the kitchen and pulled a front page of a newspaper out from behind a wall, May 1944. Headline read "Nazis leave the Balkans". I told him he should get it framed as it was the complete page, no tears.

the outside timber is unknown. It was given to me as there were major splits and couldn't really be used for anything else. It is figured and looks like some brush box. As very similar to some stuff I had made some bedside tables out of a few years ago.

Dalboy
4th March 2019, 09:21 AM
great looking handle reminds me that i need to make a couple for my normal wood chisels.

I know the feeling waiting for a lathe to be back up and running mine went wrong in November and still waiting for parts as it is under warrantee. Luckily I have two lathes and still able to carry on all be it at a smaller scale.