PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy supplies

highelve0065
10th March 2019, 12:16 PM
Hey guys,

Im starting to really get into the hobby. I have made a few small projects so far and i am now going to tackle some cabinet for the shop. Id like to try some different finishes and edge banding. Just wondering where is a good place to buy supplies like these online. I normally go to bunnings for most things but they dont seem to have a lot of this sort of thing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Pat
10th March 2019, 03:25 PM
Carroll's Woodcrafts, Timberbits, Pop's Shed, Gary Pye, SE QLD Woodturning.

KBs PensNmore
11th March 2019, 12:20 AM
Id like to try some different finishes and edge banding.

As you haven't mentioned what type of finish or edge banding you're looking for, makes it hard to recommend a place.
If it's a clear finish that you're after, try different paint shops. For edge banding, are you looking for Iron on, or a timber edge to finish off? For a timber edge, the type of timber would help, if it's pine or tassie oak, go to bunnings or where ever, and choose a nice piece, take it home, rip and dress into the thickness or width required and glue it on. That's what I'm doing for my cabinets, made from 17mm construction ply.
If it's something more, any of the Timber yards, Otto's on Magil Rd, Bones on South Rd Edwardstown, LeMessurier Timber down the port way would be able to help with what you're after. They may even have Iron on edging, of your choice.
HTH
Kryn