PDA

View Full Version : HELP Jewelry Box identification please

Euphi223
11th March 2019, 03:40 PM
Im not sure where to ask for advice about a storage box im about to undertake....Too hard to describe. Ill post an image. I would like to transform this humble box into a nice jewelery/trinket box for a friend. Trouble is i like it too. Does anyone know what this thing was originally for? Im hoping to buy another one.
Am i posting this in the correct place?

Cheers

poundy
11th March 2019, 06:48 PM
insteead of just showing us a collage of pics, show us the real pics? The collage is too low resolution to make out details sensibly, and so a couple of good higher quality ones will go far.....

aldav
11th March 2019, 09:12 PM
insteead of just showing us a collage of pics, show us the real pics? The collage is too low resolution to make out details sensibly, and so a couple of good higher quality ones will go far.....

Agreed! It looks to me like an instrument case, you know, microscope or the like, but it could have held a myriad of other things. Some better pics of the inside would help. I can't see it being a jewelry box.

Mobyturns
11th March 2019, 10:17 PM
To small for lawn bowls case.

Euphi223
12th March 2019, 08:36 PM

Apart from its original purpose, something ive always found strange was why the front clips/snaps are upside down. The handle, before i wrapped it in tape, was leather. Same colour as the outside of the box.
I suspect those dividers may help identify the box's purpose. It's really not that important what it was originally for, i just need a similar one. The only ones i can find on ebay are cutlery cases. I may have to just make another one.

Cheers guys

China
12th March 2019, 10:35 PM
What makes you think the clips are upside down, it is just a old late 40's -50's style case, could have contained anything, that style was made it the thousands all over the planet, the only place you will find
a replica would be to search second hand dealers

Euphi223
13th March 2019, 06:21 PM
What makes you think the clips are upside down, it is just a old late 40's -50's style case, could have contained anything, that style was made it the thousands all over the planet, the only place you will find

Well i really dont have a lot of experience with these. Most other clips are the other way around. Its not a big deal at all.
Thanks again

elanjacobs
13th March 2019, 07:53 PM
:whs:
Without any maker's mark or other way to identify it, it could be for pretty much anything