PDA

View Full Version : Fast Service from Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies!

Toasty
26th October 2005, 01:52 PM
Just thought I would give a plug for Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cws.au.com/) who are listed on Ubeaut's suppliers list. I ordered some sanding dics from them online the other week (the pack with 10x each grit, storage case and 75mm sanding drill attachment). Got an email not long after the order they would ship that day and two days later they were delivered in the morning. Very fast, professional service and I thank you.

Baz
26th October 2005, 06:43 PM
Toasty I agree, very good service, some business's seem to know how to look after customers.
Cheers
Barry

Christopha
26th October 2005, 07:17 PM
Must have been the beautiful Irenes' day ON..... very efficient, very nice, very blooody VERY! Jim? Jim who????

Kev Y.
26th October 2005, 09:14 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Irene at the T&WWW in Melbourne the other week. She was sooo pleased, it seems that Jim had promised to take her on holidays after they had finished in Melbourne..

I recall her saying they were going to TASMAINIA for a while. Damn that Jim's a cheap skate :p

Toasty
28th October 2005, 09:37 AM
Glad to see I haven't been the only one with a positive experience. I'm an internet vendor myself (unrelated market) so I certanly do appreciate super fast service when dealing online.

bsrlee
29th October 2005, 12:01 AM
I have never had the pleasure of meeting either of the 'Carrolls' but I too am pleased with their service - prompt, fix my mistakes & unlike a certain WA supplier, they don't ship short plus the wrong thing & then don't want to know you - guess who's getting my buisness? :D

ziggles
29th October 2005, 12:10 AM
I have experienced the same great service ordered 1 day and 2 days later it arrives in north queensland. Everything as ordered in good condition.:D

hooppine
29th October 2005, 06:06 PM
I ordered 100mm standard jaws and Cole jaws from Timbecon 1pm ESTime one Monday and received them 8.30am the following morning in Brisbane so I think that is good timing. I get a lot of good specials from the boys in the west

LarryH

Toasty
19th April 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm going to bump this up again to say that my original experience with Carrol's wasn't a one off fluke. Last week I ordered the 100mm jaws and 100mm faceplate ring for my SuperNova2 chuck. Just as it was with my first order, it was only a few hours later that I received an email to say it was going out in the post and I think it was two business days later I had them in my hot little hands in Canberra.

Top work, Carrol's!

DanP
20th April 2006, 12:36 AM
I have ordered a few times from Carrolls. Every time has been a trouble free and fast transaction. Usually receive goods within a couple of days.

Dan

Buzzer
20th April 2006, 07:00 AM
Good to hear people/business that offer a good service.

I will be looking at their web site to see what they have available.
Cheers.

lubbing5cherubs
20th April 2006, 12:31 PM
I am in total agreeance here. I have just finished paying off a ledacraft with Jim. And if it was not for his kindness. With five kids and a house fire in August. I would not of been able to get a lathe. I can't say enough good about this business. I too am an only a internet buyer. I am thrilled with his honesty.
bye Toni

exchalkie
20th April 2006, 01:17 PM
I met Jim & Irene at the Ballarat Woodwork Show a couple of weeks ago. It's always nice to put a face to a name.
I have been purchasing "stuff" on-line from Jim since I discovered Carrolls a while ago. Invariably friendly, efficient service with an e-mail to advise of shipment.
I'll certainly keep dealing with them because I can obtain far better woodworking gear than locally in Albury/Wodonga.
Cheers
David

soundman
20th April 2006, 02:05 PM
the small family business are always worth supporting.
They will usualy outperform the larger outfits on service except when they get crook or have other problems to deal with.

carrolls
active abrasives at manly
photogloss at tincan bay
garry pye at the gold coast

all worth talking to.

cheers

CameronPotter
20th April 2006, 03:29 PM
Yep. I only have nice things to say about them too...

Taffsmania
20th April 2006, 04:43 PM
Plus no bull 100%service and a good dose of common sense.

Chesand
20th April 2006, 05:49 PM
And a smile in their voice

Mulgabill
20th April 2006, 07:10 PM
I too have given Jim & Irene bouquets in the past for their excellent service and product knowledge and my recent dealings have only strengthened my support for CWS.

fred.n
20th April 2006, 08:10 PM
I also had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Irene at the Ballarat woodworking show a couple of weeks ago!
The formular they have is so bloody simple, it's must be mind blowing to larger companies:eek: :eek: :eek:

KNOW your products, back to front:) which they do, so the sale they make, is actually benifiting you, not their bottom line. The advice they passed on was greatly appreciated by my fellow wood turner:)

treat people how you would want to be treated, :ie always with a :) , not a :mad: :mad: :( :confused:
and the most important thing..........have fun

I will definatley, be buying from them again

fred.n
21st April 2006, 07:11 AM
Talking about Jim??

Has anyone out there, got a better moustache??:D :)

Salty
21st April 2006, 10:01 AM
It's all bouquets from me too! Fantastic service and no hassles. Keep it up Jim & Irene!:) See you in Newcastle in August?