PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc 145 ???

Little Festo
27th October 2005, 10:14 AM
Has any one had any experience or knowledge about a Vicmarc 145 lathe? Apparently they were built around the early 1990s. I haven't had a look at the lathe yet but I've been told that it's in very good condition - asking price is about $1200 neg and includes quite a few tools, not sure weather they are HSS or carbon steele but apparently they were/are high quality - at the time of purchase. He also has some large 10 year+ old Mahogany logs, they are for free if I want them.

Peter

rsser
28th October 2005, 06:36 AM
Haven't heard of this model Peter. A google threw up nothing either.

Might be worth ringing Vicmarc in Brisbane to get the gen.

Not a misprint for an old 175?

Little Festo
28th October 2005, 09:38 AM
I spoke to Enzo's wife (Vermec). It's interesting , I asked for Enzo but Enzo was away at one of the wood shows. I wanted to ask Enzo re the 145. His wife asked if she could help, I thought to myself, no I think the person I need to talk to is Enzo, ladies don't know much about lathes, but I though, well I'll ask, maybe she can check with Enzo if he rings home, WELL I find out that she worked at Vicmarc for 10 years and knows a lot about Vicmarc products, just goes to show you shouldn't sell the gentler sex short as I nearly did. I was very impressed. I must admit there are a lot of exceptional female turners about too.

Anyway i found out that she cannot recall the 145 but remembers the 150. The 150 was similar to the English Records with a rail that the tool rest slides along, so I imagine the price may be a bit steep, but I'll still check it out on the weekend, apparently parts might be hard to get too.

Peter