PDA

View Full Version : New Member / New Lathe

swiftden
27th October 2005, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I have been lurking in the back ground for some time reading the articles etc and decided it was time i posted something.
Today i bought my first lathe a Leda H-1000, 1hp motor, 350 turning dia, 1m between centres, varible speed lever. it came with a sanding disc and end table, a long worth chuck(laser cut steel), a centre steady.

It had one owner from new purchased in 1999 for $1200.00. I paid $500.00 for it and it has been looked after well and seen little use. The gentleman only got rid of it as he purchased a larger lathe and already has a smaller one and had no need for one in the middle.

I would love to post a picture of it but not sure how to on here.

Regards
Allan

MajorPanic
27th October 2005, 10:17 PM
Way to go Allen!! Congrats on the lathe! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

Do a search on "posting pictures" you'll find all the info you need :D

& hurry up we wanna see the lathe!

loz
29th October 2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome- I havent been around long either - well on the forum anyway. Hope you enjoy your new toy, sounds much flasher than mine, but then my lathe is probably older than me!

swiftden
29th October 2005, 08:57 PM
my lathe picture is from the guys advertisement he had up at the local supermarket notice board. i will replace with a better one later.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th October 2005, 10:27 PM
Leda's are nice solid lathes. They're not bottom-end, that's for sure, and I'd say you've a good buy there.

Enjoy!

rick_rine
29th October 2005, 10:35 PM
Leda's are nice solid lathes. They're not bottom-end, that's for sure, and I'd say you've a good buy there.

I doubt you'll need to replace it with a "better" one, although odds are that you'll buy another that'll better handle the extreme (for that lathe) sizes. Maybe upsize to a larger or maybe outboard lathe or buy a mini.

Enjoy!

I reckon he meant a better photo skew damn it .

Congrats on the new lathe and also learning how to post pics so quick . I'm a bit slow ( like skew tonight ) and it took me a looooong time .
Regards
Rick

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th October 2005, 11:03 PM
D'oh! http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Eamcardle60/Smilies/duh.gif

swiftden
30th October 2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah your right i ment the picture im very happy with the lathe even tho i haven't used it yet i rekon it will do me for a long time yet. I can't wait t otry it but i have to buy some tools first!