PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Commission

Sculptured Box
1st November 2005, 10:58 PM
Hi

Thought I would share an image of a recent commission work. The client required a Red Cedar box, conventional shape, to contain a "crusher" and lid, he had made. This required a considerable amount of cutting, shaping and gluing, which can be seen in the larger image. The smaller image shows is the exterior with a glimpse of the lid, enclosing the "crusher". The client will make a metal handle, to fit to the drawer?

I think it works, the client is happy!

Sculptured Box

Babytoolman
2nd November 2005, 09:08 AM
What a fantastic job. This is very good work.

Grandpa Grizzly
4th November 2005, 03:00 PM
Nice work but what is a crusher and what is it used for? I am a bit nieve about such things. Being a country boy also addsto the confusion.

Grandpa Grizzly

Andy Mac
4th November 2005, 03:06 PM
Very nicely done SB. That's rich looking cedar.
A crusher....'tis a clamp, a device to titillate the jaded senses of old men...look away laddie lest you be taken with unseemly fits of lubricity!

Now you've got us thinking:p

Sculptured Box
4th November 2005, 06:54 PM
Hi

Given that this is a commissioned work I guess it is irrelevant what the client wishes to use the implement for?

The model was expertly machined and finished and is said to be a good likeness of the finished product.

My guess is that it could be used to crush small things, nuts for example?

Please no S & M jokes!

Tony Ward
www.tonyward.org

Hobbyhorse
4th November 2005, 08:11 PM
Tony,
It looks just great..congrats.
Rhys H.

Grandpa Grizzly
7th November 2005, 10:52 AM
I guess I still do not know. Been around for 70 years and still in the dark.
Grandpa Grizzly

Sculptured Box
8th November 2005, 08:21 PM
I guess I still do not know. Been around for 70 years and still in the dark.
Grandpa Grizzly Not wishing to prolong the agony any further and after having spoken with the client, I can advise that the implement is a "garlic crusher" which is used regularly. Tony Ward www.tonyward.org

Grandpa Grizzly
10th November 2005, 06:52 AM
Now I will be able to sleep easy. I use a press for my garlic but crushing it sounds like a good idea also.
Grandpa Grizzly