Graeme
2nd May 2001, 08:48 PM
Check this one out http://www.drechsler.org/drechseln/2001_1/

Iain
2nd May 2001, 10:16 PM
Hey, they pinched 's lathe.

cliff cook
2nd May 2001, 11:27 PM
Now THATS a woman,obviously just puped and already pumping a pole lathe(probably making a craddle to hold it) and is that a "hills hoist" in the back ground??

cliff cook
3rd May 2001, 12:29 AM
I your wondering what it says in the boxes this is the altavistor tanslation
Contents of the output 1/2001
Report - the Drechselsymposium 2000 in Olbernhau
Project - glued bowls
Report - the pointing church
Notes of the drechslermeister - the Drechsler in France part of 5
Organism tree - the ash
Technique - km 8000 Lignotronik CNC von Killinger
Reader letters
Book review
Day of the open door - with Drechselbedarf K. trained
Federation

About as clear as mud. I like the Organism-tree bit though.

Jeff
7th May 2001, 09:08 AM
and yet another type of safety gear....the wee one ought to absorb quite a good deal of debris impact I assume. quite a shame eh? Could the lass at least give the babe a set of shades? I do admire that she is getting right back into the work tho'.

------------------
"Always cutting corners...!"

oges
7th May 2001, 06:18 PM
Maybe its a new sort of way for them to get their bodies 'back' once they have had the baby .. looks like a foot powered lathe to me... ??

Brett

Island Ape
7th May 2001, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry chaps but i'm going to throw a wobbly here.
You, me and anybody that knows a litte about turning will know that she is using a pole lathe and if she gets a catch very little will happen. In this case the baby won't even wake up! But others, seeing this picture could think that woodturning is easy and safe to do. We all as woodturners know this is not the case. An electric lathe, say a 3Hp monster, is not to be taken lightly and should never be used with child!!! The woman on the cover of this magazine is wearing a badge which says that she is a demonstrator, In my opinion she should think what she is doing before she shows it to the general public.

Mike Tingey
(Brit woodturner living in Germany)

JackoH
8th May 2001, 06:17 PM
Could'nt agree more Mike. I was absolutely Horrified when I saw it!. Anyway what about the dust hazard?
John H.
http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/frown.gif

jclucas
13th May 2001, 12:45 AM
I was more concerned that the child would use the skew better than I could. Now that would be embarrasing. John