PDA

View Full Version : Ornamental turning

forge
25th November 2005, 07:25 AM
Wishing to start ornamental turning .Anyone willing to share info regarding tools
and equipment ?I'm near Yarra Glenn ,Hurstbrige ,Whittlesea.
Regards, forge:

RETIRED
25th November 2005, 10:07 PM
I think the most prolific ornamental turners are Peninsula woodturners Guild.

forge
26th November 2005, 12:44 AM
I think the most prolific ornamental turners are Peninsula woodturners Guild.
Thanks for reply ,short on time lot of stuff to do.Like eweryone i suppose.
Have metalvorking tools and some experience ,propose to make tools and atachments from scrap .There is some good info on the peninsula w.t .site.
Regards ,forge:)

hornwood
30th March 2006, 07:53 PM
When you've finished turning up your tools, come and see me in Strathewen, as I've kept a bunch of nice wood (shorts and blocks in heaps of species) for someone just like you. Good luck with everything, and I'd love to see some finished product. Let us know when you are ready.

forge
2nd April 2006, 11:17 AM
When you've finished turning up your tools, come and see me in Strathewen, as I've kept a bunch of nice wood (shorts and blocks in heaps of species) for someone just like you. Good luck with everything, and I'd love to see some finished product. Let us know when you are ready.
Thank's for the offer hornwood .The o/t is on hold for now .Lot's of home reno jobs to finish .Also some ww and metalwork jobs to do first.
Regard's ,Bela:)

hornwood
2nd April 2006, 04:45 PM
Winter fast approaches, and introspection will return......The shed will beckon......you will feel when the timing is right.

tashammer
3rd September 2006, 01:04 AM
i wonder if his watch has stopped?

forge
4th September 2006, 07:35 AM
No ,the watch is still working.Have just aquired some matal lathe/milling machine
dvd's-wanting to improve my skills with these tools ,so i can make the other tools for o/t.
regards ;-)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th September 2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. I'm making a simple, basically wooden Rose Engine and my current estimated completion date is around 2015 +/- 5 years. :rolleyes:

I think I'll call it the MS Rose Engine 2005. ;)